Paulina Lake help

R
RednaxBass
I will be camping at Paulina Lake for a few days and I was wondering if anyone knew any good spots or lures. I will be bank fishing and would love to catch my first brown trout.
Thank you! :)

Troutski
Troutski
You in reasonable heath, not prying just the shore line is not for the unsure of foot. That being said the south east side walking from the main boat ramp, not bad lake access you will need skeeter replant if you want to survive. I recommend Little Cleo's and Kastmaster for those long cast and deep diving spoons. I'm not sure on spinners but I am sure they will work if presented right..
Good luck and post some pictures..

Chuck

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Good advice right there and ! hour before sunrise to 1 hour after is your friend!

Reactions: Troutski
troutdude
troutdude
Also...

Fish all the way to the "one hour After sunset", as well. Browns are major nocturnal feeders.

And...cast & retrieve Rapala's that, look like small bait fish (a.k.a. protein snacks, for the big boys).

Reactions: Troutski
R
RednaxBass
Thanks for the help guys. At the Paulina Lake boat ramp I caught a 3 pound brown trout and some smaller rainbows on rooster tails. I headed over to East lake a few times and caught a decent rainbow that was a little over 20 inches. On the east lake dock I saw a rainbow trout that was around 30 inches! Over all, I think I did pretty well!

troutdude
troutdude
You sure did. Well done; and thanks for the reports! Did you keep the brown, or the big bow? Got any pics?

R
RednaxBass
No I didn't keep them and I don't have anything to take pics.

troutdude
troutdude
Ok. Good of you, to let them go spawn...and make MORE, for us all to catch.