Status
Not open for further replies.
S
steelhead_slayer
Love Browns. Nice catch

D
Dastanli
No Title

Hey guys! New to this forum So I thought I start with a photo. Day before I caught a few brooders with my little brother on power eggs and kastmaster. Today not a bite, even on worms so I decided to experiment and used a curly tail jig that I use out on the jetty and first cast this big beauty slammed the line haha. About a dozen others were fishing around us and no one else hooked up even though you could see those lunkers breaking the surface every couple minutes.

• photo31164.jpg
Reactions: BaldTexan and Admin
P
playhooky
Looks like a March memory to me. Nice lumpy bow! Congrats!!

K
KCox
No Title

Went down the pond at the city park today. Lots of people out, and saw a lot of people catching fish. Great day, can't wait for warmer water temps!

Reactions: Berdink, Dastanli, BaldTexan and 1 other person
Admin
Admin
Nice!

L
LingFace
No Title

4 yo caught his limit. The big one is 18"

Reactions: BaldTexan, KCox and Admin
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
No Title

Back in the 80s High Sierras!

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like your pumping iron, instead of hoisting fish!

K
KCox
No Title

Caught a few dinks on dry flies at my favorite spring creek, and a couple more from the local pond.

Reactions: BaldTexan and Admin
B
Ballgame
No Title

14" at clear lake near sisters

K
KCox
No Title

Nice fish! It looks like its stomach is about to burst. I will have to stop at clear lake on my next trip out that way. I enjoy fishing the upper Mckenzie, you just can't beat the scenery or the beauty of the fish.

Reactions: BaldTexan, Ballgame and Admin
B
Ballgame
KCox: it was beautiful there yesterday. It was first time there. Talking with the guy running the shop at the resort said they weren't sure if the lake was going to be stocked or not this year because of decision not to stock the Mckenzie river so they closed the hatcheries that stock the river which were the same hatcheries that supplied the trout to clear lake also.

there is clearly plenty of food in the lake for the fish so if they do stop stocking it I'm curious to see how large the native brook and cuts get.

K
KCox
Ballgame;n603068 said:
there is clearly plenty of food in the lake for the fish so if they do stop stocking it I'm curious to see how large the native brook and cuts get.

Thats interesting, if they are going to manage the upper McKenzie as a wild trout stream I guess that would make sense, they could easily cruise between the upper section of the river and Clear Lake. This has sparked my curiosity, I think I will have to dust off the float tube and see what I can find up there.
Rainbows, brookies and cutts all in one place ticks a lot of boxes for me!

Reactions: Ballgame
B
Ballgame
I looked at the stocking schedule and they are listed but the hatchery news is changing so fast so who knows. If you float tube clear lake wear 2 pairs of socks. I thought I might lose my toes to the cold water last Sunday haha

Reactions: KCox
troutdude
troutdude
No Title

Ballgame;n603164 said:
If you float tube clear lake wear 2 pairs of socks. I thought I might lose my toes to the cold water last Sunday haha

Ha ha. I got out of my tube, a few years back, just below at Carmen Reservoir. Darn near fell to the ground, because my legs were numb (even though I had my neo's on). Plus I slid in once, down the loose rocks on the bank. Got some water inside of, my neo's. Just glad that, I finally got a grip and pulled myself out--and lived to tell!!!!

Not from this year, but these suckas fought like friggin' steelhead! Largest just under 19", but were the FATTEST 'bows I've ever seen!

P.S. You could not possibly pay me enough, to divulge their coordinates. Although a fully functional 1970's Marantz silver-face analog stereo system, might give me pause to cogitate. Especially with matching Reel-to-Reel deck, and other such amenities. lol

Reactions: Ballgame and KCox
troutdude
troutdude
No Title

One more pic, of the three from the day before: 13" recent stocker, and 18" and 19" respective one year old hold-overs.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Reactions: BaldTexan, Ballgame and KCox
hobster
hobster
Wow, FAT is correct! Football :)

hobster
hobster
Since we are pulling some from the past, I got this Cranebow at Crane :) last summer. That's him on the top of the cooler, not really impressive but a nice fish image_31231.jpg

Reactions: BaldTexan, KCox and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Nice feesh Hobster.

But I really shouldn't have hi-jacked, this thread. I apologize, and am willing to move our comments to a new thread--if anyone so desires.

Let's go back to 2017 fishes now--as da boss (Anatoliy) intended, in the beginning--if y'all don't mind...

Thank you.

Last edited:
K
KCox
No Title

The fishing is starting to heat up on the Deschutes near bend, the last couple days I have gotten out have productive for small rainbows. Caught this brown on the fly last night, definitely my best fish of the year so far. Needless to say I was really excited when it lazily grabbed a stonefly pattern in soft water next to some class v rapids then took off down river.

Reactions: BaldTexan, EOBOY and Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.