New lake to fish in Beaverton!!

W
waco
Wow that is a fancy neighborhood I bet neighbors aren't going to be happy with this!!

F
FishNinja
It's a beautiful lake. Deep with crystal clear water. Should be much better habitat for the fish than the other urban lakes!

H
Hendo30
thanks for the update i had no idea about this. interesting

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I'm betting the "fancy" folks will be down there playing with worms,too. :lol:

troutdude
troutdude
IMHO, a "lake" in the middle of Urban Progress, doesn't sound very appealing. I'd rather see trees, a park, eagles, or some other natural elements...instead of row house condo's, beamers and lexus cages.

Then again; maybe that new pond will keep some of the "less desirables" away from Hagg!

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I was there yesterday. This place is way more suited for kids and disabled folks. There is only 300' of shoreline open to fishing, which is along the sidewalk below Fuddruckers, basically 100' or so on either side of the floating dock. No float tubes, can't fish anywhere else legally except that 300' strip of bare shoreline.

Lake has only been open less than a week and I pulled a few wads of monofilament off the rocks to throw in the trash. Saw 3 colors of powerbait floating. One fellow left with a single 10 inch fish on a stringer while I was there. I'm honestly a bit disappointed - it wouldn't be a bad place to kill an afternoon if more of the shoreline was open, or if they were to allow tubes. I think that Tualatin Hills just didn't have the guts to say "this is a kid's fishing pond only" yet like Canby pond is.

F
fishtales
Back in the early 90's that place was a hole in thee grownd at the edge of the urban growth boundry. I remember hanging out at the quarry durring the hot summer then going to albertsons. Alots changed since then.

F
fishOregon
Gonna get up there on next sunny day .

Last edited:
O
OpaBob
FishNinja said:
It's a beautiful lake. Deep with crystal clear water. Should be much better habitat for the fish than the other urban lakes!

I've often wondered why it was not planted in the past. I agree about the habitat, but wonder only if there is enough food for the fish to establish themselves. Seems like the water is deep enough for the trout to make it through the warm season.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
There's more fish in there than the thousand planted trout ODFW recently put in. I've driven by there pretty frequently over the years since it was built - and I've seen fish feeding on the surface before. I've also talked with some residents, who have told me they'll occasionally watch the lake from their balconies and watch the fish feeding. Not sure if there was a previous planting attempt, to establish a population - and if so, what those fish are - or if the planting was a clandestine operation by a bucket bio, birds, or what.

There's fish in the creek that flows near the lake - although the lake and creek are not connected. It's funny how sunfish always seem to pop up when a pond has been around for a little while. I'm hoping there's bluegill in there, personally. I'm more entertained by catching 6-8 inch bluegill than I am 10-12 inch stocker trout.