West Linn heating up

D
dcarbonari
Been going out there every now and then after it opened back up and only been catching 1 maybe 2 shakers or 1 keeper size. Went out there last week just before the rain came through and the bite was doing really well. I got 8 and hooked up 5 more times but either got snagged or broke the line. Most were in the 20-40" range and only one 93" monster.

• photo31830.jpg
  • photo31831.jpg
  • photo31832.jpg
  • photo31833.jpg
  • photo31834.jpg
  • photo31835.jpg
Reactions: Admin
G
Gulfstream
WOW! Where is this?

D
dcarbonari
Gulfstream;n607783 said:
WOW! Where is this?

If you search "west linn fishing docks" into google maps you should find it. Here's a picture of where it is on the map.

Reactions: troutdude
G
Gulfstream
Thanks!

I
igquick
How is it now after the rain?

D
dcarbonari
Haven't gone out there yet probably gonna go this weekend.

I
igquick
Where on the dock is the best place to cast?

the river rose by a ton!

C
Coburg44
Nice

PK Yi
PK Yi
NIce! Are you allowed to keep sturgeon fishing off that dock? when is a good time to go? Is winter good for sturgeon?

D
dcarbonari
Its below the falls so no retention allowed. I went today and got 6, all small though 25"-35" range. I have always done the best during late February-April time. In the time I was out there today I was getting around 10-15 with 1-2 oversized during that time earlier this year. However they are biting out there right now and going to be getting better until the water become unfishable with harsh currents and tons of debris. PM if you want any extra specifics GL.