No winter steel reports???

P
Paul Smith
If you make down my way, let me know, I'm in Lebanon and thus time of year fish the Alsea, Big Elk, Nestucca, and little later the Trask. Summer time the Santiams.

atjohnson1111
atjohnson1111
Paul Smith;n608675 said:
If you make down my way, let me know, I'm in Lebanon and thus time of year fish the Alsea, Big Elk, Nestucca, and little later the Trask. Summer time the Santiams.

I'll do that! I plan on hitting the Alsea sometime next week

Reactions: Paul Smith
P
Paul Smith
Hit it yesterday, I boot of a coho and saw a guy hooked up on a bobber that lost it . I'll try again next Saturday if all goes well. PM me if your interested in gong.

hobster
hobster
Native Fisher;n608667 said:
I hit two streams yesterday, not a fisherman in sight on either stream. The first one I didn't get a bite. Traveled about 30mins north and finally found some fish. I went 1 for 2, taking home this 31" buck;
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-9\/25158188_10213100464820423_1376336514715330913_n.jpg?oh=8f68f7a3534bb0011e767abfa8c6db1a&oe=5A8A50BD"}[/IMG2]

Awesome, nice to see someone get on the boards. You always seem to get nice fish!

Went out for a first try with my buddy Brandon on Friday, no luck but landed a nice coho jack and a good sized wild cutty both on a cleo. Both released of course

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
hobster;n608698 said:
both on a cleo.

Original Little Cleo's, are my favorite spoon!

B
BaldTexan
Last Friday I fished 3 different rivers and had one bite. My first ever December steelhead as I’ve only targeted them one time before January. Had an extra fin so back in he went. 73fea4d49238e35d2f367d21dae72cc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

troutdude
troutdude
Eggscellent. Or in this case: Jigscellent!

M
mastercaster
heading out in the morning for a few hours we will see what tomorrow brings

C
Chetco
Floated three times last week on the Chetco one wild released 8 salmon carcasses total in three floats Redwood down. In the 60's river was loaded with dead salmon ,guess it's the old days I should forget.

troutdude
troutdude
I remember the 60's too buddy. Gone are the days of 70-80lb Nooks. But it is, what it is. Glad you were able, to get out n' about. Or as they say further north...oot n' aboot!

G
Gulfstream
We floated the south fork of the Coquille yesterday for a blank.We need some rain,the water was pretty low but good color

troutdude
troutdude
At least you got out, and gave it a go. I agree; the Willy @ Albany has been at summer time lows recently.

hobster
hobster
Fished for a few hours today, river is low! Did not see any fish hooked, at the last hole I fished I hooked this nook which was quite feisty and did not want to come in. Pretty bright for this time of year, first few seconds I thought possibly a tired steelhead when I saw silver but not to be. Was fun feeling the tug though! Gently pulled him out of the water to get my bead back :D and quickly released. Last 3 fish I have seen hooked have been salmon, Whip is right, we need rain! Gotta get the rivers up to wash those salmon out of the holes and bring the steelies in!

IMG_1559.JPG

Reactions: Southpaw
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
I would have tagged it!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Heading over to the coast this weekend and will give it a shot, I’ll be sure to report if anything is caught or will I

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rain is coming! Jan 1 and 2 looking like nice dropping water flow...

troutdude
troutdude
The streams will be crowded, then, on New Year's day. Good luck to you rogerdodger -- and to all of the rest, of the OFF clan. Thanks for chiming it, and keeping this thread alive. Anxious to see your reports, and pics!

Tip o' the hat to rogerdodger ; for the rain forecast!!! :hi:

O
OnTheDrop
Definitely a slower start despite our recent rain. It was better before it had rained, actually. Fished Thursday -Xmas eve with friends and clients and hooked 13, landed 9, including a fresh Chum. 2018 will hopefully be bringing in flushes of fresh steel...Good luck everyone~

hobster
hobster
OnTheDrop;n608851 said:
Definitely a slower start despite our recent rain. It was better before it had rained, actually. Fished Thursday -Xmas eve with friends and clients and hooked 13, landed 9, including a fresh Chum. 2018 will hopefully be bringing in flushes of fresh steel...Good luck everyone~

Dig the last picture taken from above with you netting the fish, very cool! Should pick up after this rain, hopefully this thread will also!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Hit the banks of Whittaker and 0, but it is still early and I will be back!!!