Looking for fishin buddys on Santiam

F
fishhunter28
I have been fishin on the north santiam for years mostly trout really looking to get into some steelhead and salmon maybe go on a drift boat im more than happy to help with gas,beer,bait,and food

S
Steeliekiller
No drift boat but I do hammer the n Santiam usually by myself. What parts do you fish

F
fishhunter28
I usually fish at the mehema/lyons bridge some times I hit up packsaddle but not often I don't like combat fishing

S
stinger believer
No drift boat here either, but I bank fish the NS a lot usually May-July when summers show up. I mostly fish Stayton to Mehama since it's the closest

S
Steeliekiller
I'm not a fan of the combat fishing but having a fishing friend is good. I do a lot of hiking and wading. The NS has some great fishing spots and to be fished an not many people hit them.

F
fish2eat
I currently live about 2 minutes out of Lyons (towards stayton) and can fish from my porch. Have yet to hook anything but a cutbow back in November, but the salmon are bouncing all over the damn place. Anyone looking for a good spot on private property feel free to message me. The neighbor has a boat ramp we can use if u had a boat u wanted to put in. Otherwise there's a ton of access where we are. Could always use a knowledgeable buddy

S
stinger believer
You have salmon all over the place right now?

F
fish2eat
Yes sir. Nooks beating the hell our of the surface especially right before sundown. First one made a splash about a week back then a few more here and there then last night at 230 am... BAM, jumping so hard it woke me up

Couple nice steelies being pulled out at the bridge in Lyons as well the last week

S
steelhead_slayer
I'm working in the area and plan to spend all my free time on the North Santiam. Gong to check it out some more this afternoon. Wouldn't mind fishing with someone for a change

T
TightLineTony
I've been hitting the north every day I can chasing salmon and steelies. I don't have a drift boat but I have a one man pontoon. If you have one we can drift it. I'm always looking for new fishing buddies. Currently trying to get my girl a salmon because shes jealous of my catches. Hit me up if you want.

S
stinger believer
Have u guys been catching this year? I pretty much threw in the towel. This year has been the worst for me in the last 4 years with zero hook ups and I'm pretty much out of bait and jigs. I Just don't have the drive to go put in the time and money on this river any more

F
fish2eat
man i miss this house lol.

S
Sage_Flyguy
I have only fished the N. Santiam a handful of times. Around Stayton bridge and also Hess RD. I'm swinging flies,I love the North and wouldn't mind getting out and swinging with some people

M
markasd
Right on Sage - seems to be few of us ehh? lol
I like the run on the bottom of the park at Minto, that run is long and consistent. The middle of the park is pretty sweet water as well.
I'm down to meet up for some swinging for steel.

C
catphish
the steelehead run on the santiam has been dismal for a couple seasons now. the trout fishing is always fun and active. I want to try trout w beads. Im off today

P
Paul Smith
I fish with Sage quite often; he's a good guy!

S
Sidroolin
Thinking of hitting Packsaddle tomorrow morning, regs say there are ODFW markers at Packsaddle. Anyone know how much of the park is off limits?

S
Sage_Flyguy
The Sculpin pattern strikes again... This time on the South Santiam

• photo32411.jpg
Reactions: Sidroolin
M
markasd
Packsaddle used to have pretty obvious markers - most all of the park is fishable. Only the very upper tip is not open for fishing...

Once again Sage kills.. awesome man!

Reactions: Sidroolin
L
LipRipper16
Was just fishing the north from the stayton bridge all the way to the end of santiam park past north fork and not much action. Water is low and clear. Managed to get a nice wild trout an 18in and saw a few steels jumping but not biting. The south run seems much more productive now a days.