1 trillion dollar prize

H
halibuthitman
as some of you may know, Pautzke bait company is offering a 10,000 prize to Oregon and Idaho anglers that break the current state records for steelhead ( Or, 35.8 lb in 1973 Idaho 30.3 lb in 1970 both natives ) with their bait, only hatchery fish count... in washington 28lbs wins you $5000... so with such a realistic, not at all a ****ing gimmick contest halibuthitman wants to get in on the action... soooo, I will give 1 trillion dollars to anyone who breaks these records with a hatchery fish in the same time period... no wait... I will give the d-bags at Pautzkes 1 trillion dollars if anyone breaks one of these records by lets say... hhhmmmm 2.5 lbs? wow pautzkes.. what a joke of a promo:rolleyes:

H
halibuthitman
oh, p.s your cure sucks my grandpa made better roe with raspberry jello powder and borax...

S
sidehillwinder
halibuthitman said:
oh, p.s your cure sucks my grandpa made better roe with raspberry jello powder and borax...

:D:lol:;):cool::dance::clap::think::think::think:cheap off brands of jello raspberry work well, like cheap beer for beer batter!

H
halibuthitman
Im sweetening the deal, anyone who catches a greatwhite shark over 97 ft in the alse river on a mini inferno lure wins 47 trillion dollars.. ok, i,ll include the Rogue but only above tidewater.........

S
sidehillwinder
halibuthitman said:
as some of you may know, Pautzke bait company is offering a 10,000 prize to Oregon and Idaho anglers that break the current state records for steelhead ( Or, 35.8 lb in 1973 Idaho 30.3 lb in 1970 both natives ) with their bait, only hatchery fish count... in washington 28lbs wins you $5000... so with such a realistic, not at all a ****ing gimmick contest halibuthitman wants to get in on the action... soooo, I will give 1 trillion dollars to anyone who breaks these records with a hatchery fish in the same time period... no wait... I will give the d-bags at Pautzkes 1 trillion dollars if anyone breaks one of these records by lets say... hhhmmmm 2.5 lbs? wow pautzkes.. what a joke of a promo:rolleyes:

Brad, you are so right on.

S
sidehillwinder
halibuthitman said:
Im sweetening the deal, anyone who catches a greatwhite shark over 97 ft in the alse river on a mini inferno lure wins 47 trillion dollars.. ok, i,ll include the Rogue but only above tidewater.........

sounds like a good scene for a movie called "a river ran amuck through it"

S
sidehillwinder
would an octopuss work caught at the Ghosthole? a BIG octopuss?

H
halibuthitman
sidehillwinder said:
would an octopuss work caught at the Ghosthole? a BIG octopuss?

I will give someone $5 buck for that.. becouse I want someone to win SOMETHING here!

H
halibuthitman
oh crap... hey Pautzkes, I just remembered I don't use roe for steelhead.. why? BECOUSE THEY WILL EAT YARN FROM MY GRANDMAS BASEMENT IDIOTS!

S
sidehillwinder
Yeah, that promo is weak. and cheap. about like Cabela's prize this past summer. a million dollars for a bass or trout caught with the right tag. the 1,000,000 was to be paid out over 50 years. Fifty years!

S
sidehillwinder
FIFTY YEARS! Egadzooks. G'night Brad.

H
halibuthitman
why do these companies have to jerk my friends around? it hurts me to watch-

M
metalfisher76
halibuthitman said:
oh crap... hey Pautzkes, I just remembered I don't use roe for steelhead.. why? BECOUSE THEY WILL EAT YARN FROM MY GRANDMAS BASEMENT IDIOTS!

rofl my motha ******* arse OFF!

That reminds me, gotta call granny!

S
Spydeyrch
sidehillwinder said:
Yeah, that promo is weak. and cheap. about like Cabela's prize this past summer. a million dollars for a bass or trout caught with the right tag. the 1,000,000 was to be paid out over 50 years. Fifty years!

Seriously? Do you know what that works out to be!!!

$1,000,000.00 / 50 years = 200,000.00 per year

$200,000 per year / 12 months in a year = $1,666.67 per month

Normally you get paid twice per month, unless you work for the state or some other once a month company. So......

$1,666.67 per month / 2 times per month = $833.34 per check twice a month.

Two week pay period

$833.34 / 2 weeks = $416.67 per week

40 hour work week

$416.67 / 40 = $10.42 per hour.

The math don't lie!!!!

-Spydey

troutdude
troutdude
Ummm...Spydey...If I'm not mistaken...

I do believe that your calculations are OFF by a bit.

If you receive $200,000.00 for 5 years, you would have the 1 million (200 x 5). So, the winner would only get $20,000.00 per year (1,000,000 / 50).

But, you still came up with the correct figure for a monthly receipts anyway ($1,666.67). How did you do that???

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
these promos are nothing more then scams,,,just like the 1million dollar cabelas fish,,there is no such fish.

M
Mad dog
halibuthitman said:

In my 34 years of steelhead fishing I have become a firm believer that steelhead prefer strawberry jello....I'm not kidding!!! ;) :lol:

S
Spydeyrch
troutdude said:
Ummm...Spydey...If I'm not mistaken...

I do believe that your calculations are OFF by a bit.

If you receive $200,000.00 for 5 years, you would have the 1 million (200 x 5). So, the winner would only get $20,000.00 per year (1,000,000 / 50).

But, you still came up with the correct figure for a monthly receipts anyway ($1,666.67). How did you do that???

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:

Opps, my bad. I meant to type in 20,000.00 in both instances above, but typed in 200,000.00. Yet I calculated everything by 20,000.00 on my calcamapater. Just a little typo on my end. :lol:

but still, that is crazy that they expect to have people chasing fish for a promo that really doesn't exist (the fish doesn't exist) or is near impossible to catch.

the things some companies will do just to get a buck. What ever happened to good old elbow grease, a good name that was earned by good hardwork, honest customer relationship and service, as well as a sound product. Oh how priorities have changed in just the last 50 - 60 years. Sad, so sad. :(

-Spydey

O
OnTheFly
Crap! I'm out off the running because I don't even know how to use the stuff.;)

R
RunWithSasquatch
halibuthitman said:

No joke.

Top Bottom