Salmon near Corvallis

G
gfisher2003
So I was walking around by crystal lake boat ramp in Corvallis and while I was down their I saw something salmon/steelhead looking size jump out of the water, does anyone know if that’s a possibility or I was just imagining things, and along with that if their are fish there would I be able to bank fish for them?

O
Orgwayne
I Went Irish Bend Park quite a bit , and even got a couple of Steelhead over the years
Wayne

M
markasd
Just looked at that place on a map and looks like a good place for swinging some flies!! All the fish headed for mac, middle willy and everyting south of that point is passing right by there... seems like a great spot for intercepting a few.. those gravel bars just want to swung fly passsed through.... I can feel it! good luck.

troutdude
troutdude
There are solid runs of Spring Nooks, and Summer Steel. But are their very many Fall/Winter fish? To make it worth the effort?

C_Run
C_Run
I'm pretty sure you can't retain fall Chinook in the Willamette. There's hardly any. Coho yes but also few and far between.

troutdude
troutdude
Right C_Run harvest of wild Salmon, or steelhead, is prohibited (illegal). There is no annual limit of either hatchery Salmon, or hatchery steel--as long as you have the appropriate tags, to record the catch. But that confirms my suspicion. That there are very FEW fish, to be caught.

Also...below the bridge at Harrisburg, down to the mouth, bait is allowed. But above Harrisburg artificial flies and lures are required.