Silvers on the Clackamas or Sandy?

E
elillstrom
Anyone seen the silver running yet? Went looking for them on the Clack and the Sandy last weekend (relatively near the mouth on both) and didn't find any sign of them. Everyone I ran into came up dry too. Just wondering if anyone here has run into the coho yet.

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF! It'll take more rain. The river levels has to rise, and the water temperature drop. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

Reactions: Mister Bisley and elillstrom
E
elillstrom
Thanks for the welcome and the info troutdude! I'll just keep after the summer steelhead until the rain comes.

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
You're welcome. Yeah...summer steel is a better bet, for the moment.

A
Anthrobe
I took a paddle up the Clack from the Willamette last weekend. There were quite a few guys fishing on the banks and stated they are seeing Coho rolling. They are in the mouth of the Clack right now. I want to try and get one this weekend.

troutdude
troutdude
Anthrobe;n613975 said:
I took a paddle up the Clack from the Willamette last weekend. There were quite a few guys fishing on the banks and stated they are seeing Coho rolling. They are in the mouth of the Clack right now. I want to try and get one this weekend.

Yeah a guide that I know suggested to hit the mouth, about 10 days ago. They must have lockjaw, at the moment. But they are just waiting for cooler temps, and rain. Then they'll begin to get active.

I
igquick
Dang, is it possible to catch 1 of these from the bank soon at the clack mouth?

Artwo
Artwo
I heard a report this weekend that coho have been seen and caught all the way up to River Mill dam on the Clack. Haven't heard anything about the Sandy yet. It wouldn't surprise me though if there were some fish already in there as well. It tiz the season..................

S
Slo
It wasn't that long ago when you could load up the truck, head out to the Clack (Eagle Creek), or to the Sandy, and .....

• photo32713.jpg
Artwo
Artwo
Yep, unfortunately those days are long gone........................I really miss that Eagle Creek fishery.....................:)

my2labs
my2labs
It’s a bit early on the Sandy. I’ve been three times last couple weeks. While some fish are present, they aren’t thick at all and success has been low as far as I’ve seen.

C
cchinook
my2labs said:
It’s a bit early on the Sandy. I’ve been three times last couple weeks. While some fish are present, they aren’t thick at all and success has been low as far as I’ve seen.
Roger that ! 5 hrs. at Oxbow this morning , 1 coho landed , 2 lost . No rollers . O.D.F.W. is on the job !

A
Anthrobe
I have fished the mouth of the clack the last 3 weekends. Two weeks ago at low tide there was 5 or 6 fish caught in the morning bit. Most were native. Last weekend at high tide was slow with only 1 or 2 natives caught and released.