Anyone familiar with fishing the D River in Lincoln City?

B
Bobcat
I'm headed to lincoln city in 2 weeks for a buddys birthday and just realized the rental house is a stones throw away from the d river. I know it's really tiny but is there any fishing to be had in the 440 ft connection between devils lake and the pacific?

Casting Call
Casting Call
To answer ur ? Yes Tony

jamisonace
jamisonace
Casting Call;n608125 said:
To answer ur ? Yes Tony

Do you troll herring or pull plugs? Haha

but seriously....care to elaborate?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Jamisonace I will need more details from you and bobcat to elaborate. Any water is fishable. Catching is another subject. U-tube "fish crossing the road" Three years ago, Lincoln City, Or. 12/24/14, 0:21 sec. by way of D-River. Tony

Last edited:
Casting Call
Casting Call
jamisonace;n608128 said:

Well can't answer what you don't ask. Seems to be the norm for this forum. Peeps ask question but never give details ei: location of fishery, target species, age, level of knowledge of subject, where you live, experience of subject, etc, etc etc. By not giving details, the responder has to ask the fore mention details making it cumbersome and sometimes not worth the effort. For what it's worth people "Learn how to learn". Tony

jamisonace
jamisonace
Casting Call;n608130 said:
Well can't answer what you don't ask. Seems to be the norm for this forum. Peeps ask question but never give details ei: location of fishery, target species, age, level of knowledge of subject, where you live, experience of subject, etc, etc etc. By not giving details, the responder has to ask the fore mention details making it cumbersome and sometimes not worth the effort. For what it's worth people "Learn how to learn". Tony

If you don't have anything of value to post, why bother? Everyone that visits this forum knows how to use Google or youtube. They come here for added insight, not one word answers.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Bobcat;n608122 said:
I'm headed to lincoln city in 2 weeks for a buddys birthday and just realized the rental house is a stones throw away from the d river. I know it's really tiny but is there any fishing to be had in the 440 ft connection between devils lake and the pacific?

I don't know anything about the river but I know therected are trout, perch and bass in the lake. Additionally, there is a small coho run there too.

if you're in the area and really want to fish, you're pretty close to the Nestucca and the Siletz. Nestucca has good bank access. Not sure how either are fishing this year. I hope that helps some. There are others here that could give much better pointers as to fishing that area than I.

troutdude
troutdude
jamisonace;n608128 said:

LOL That would be, the worlds shortest troll! And you wouldn't need, a downrigger fo' sho'!

troutdude
troutdude
jamisonace;n608140 said:
If you don't have anything of value to post, why bother? Everyone that visits this forum knows how to use Google or youtube. They come here for added insight, not one word answers.

Easy does it, my friend. I know Tony well enough to know that, if he says "Yes". Then hit it! He knows the area, like the back of his hand. Isn't that pretty much all anyone needs to know--for a 400' long "river" anyway? Even a beginner with a hook, and a worm (or Power Eggs), could catch a fish in that shallow stream.

jamisonace
jamisonace
troutdude;n608143 said:
Easy does it, my friend. I know Tony well enough to know that, if he says "Yes". Then hit it! He knows the area, like the back of his hand. Isn't that pretty much all anyone needs to know--for a 400' long "river" anyway? Even a beginner with a hook, and a worm (or Power Eggs), could catch a fish in that shallow stream.

His type of response is the reason this forum suffers. No one comes here for an answer like that. I'm reminded why I left. Good bye.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Hi guys! Let me take it down a few notches and me take the high road on this. First of all my response was in several parts. First to answer the opening question "yes" was as simple as it gets. Next the reference to the U-tube was to show that yes indeed fish do come through D-River. Next was my way of suggesting/requesting if more info was needed, to elaborate on your question. simple question, simple answer. Last was a RANT of my OWN. Here's where I am gonna take it to the high road again. " I would like to see more bio on the newbies/members, so answers can help Locals respond with the level of the request, in regards to the bio/experience/location given. Without some backround information how can one truly help. So many times I want to respond but I don't want to ask 20 questions. I am 75 years old. I have lots of experience that could be VALUABLE if asked directly. I would love to share the knowledge I have because I can't take with me when I am gone. Barb says it very nicely "check the Archives FMI". Last, If one knew HOW to find information incyberspace the less questions would be asked and elaboration through forum conversation would be fun. Jamisonace I enjoy hearing all you have to say in the many post that you have done. Anyone wanting to know about the this old man read my bio "About" in my profile. The tug is truly the drug. Tony

Last edited:
Reactions: troutdude