Bank access along the South Santiam

C
catphish
For the love of all things fishing related, will someone please inform me where I can get decent bank access along the South Santiam. I dont have a boat, sucks, but its true. The North Santiam has been terrible, short of buying my out of state lic for Wash, where my buddy has limited the last 3 days straight, I need some new waters to try. Anyone, hello, Beuller, Beuller, Beuller......

troutdude
troutdude
The fall run numbers have been historically low, on the Santiam system. Also...there hasn't been enough rain/colder temps, to bring the fish into coastal streams...let alone up, and into the Santiam basin. Why would you not hit the Clackamas, or Sandy? Or a coastal stream?

Bank access, as you know, is limited on the S. Santiam. But along the north shore, there a few places available (starting at the hatchery markers, near the dam on down).

C
catphish
I live in Keizer, and Im on-call all week at the hospital, so I can't roam too far. I know the santiam fishing sucks, Its my local river, but a day on the bank beat sitting here on the laptop or watching tv. have to be scrubbed in within 45 min if pager goes off. can't do that from the clack. but i would also like to know some more bank spots on the clack. thanks for the response Troutdude. I appreciate it.

troutdude
troutdude
You're welcome. Didn't realize that you had, such constraints. I don't know of any bank spots, on the S. Fork, any lower that the area mentioned above. And those areas would take longer, than 45 minutes, to get back to Salem. Maybe someone else, has some ideas.

P
Paul Smith
Send me a PM.

Reactions: troutdude
F
fish4life
Wiley creek, Waterloo park, Lebenon Dam.

Reactions: catphish
C
catphish
Thank you fish4life. I greatly appreciate the input.

G
Gary W
Why do you have to go to the Santiam? Mill creek in Salem has a run and when I lived in Salem I used to cross the river on the buena vista ferry and fish on the bank just upriver from the ferry. Caught several salmon there. People fish under the bridge in West Salem. The boat ramp in Jefferson is a good place to catch salmon and steelhead. also I have caught salmon at the rest area on I-5. They have to go up the Willamete before they turnup the Santiam or to Eugene and the Mckenzie.

Reactions: catphish