Siltcoos River 10/16

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
beautiful view this morning, looking towards the ocean from the Waxmyrtle bridge, you can almost feel the silence, tempered only by a low rumble of the ocean surf perhaps a mile away....

how I yearn to hear the unmistakable "ker-splash" of a big coho, proudly announcing it's presence on the way up and into the lake, creating ripples that spread across the smooth as glass river.

but it was not today, just silence and reflections, although in the ocean surf rumbling I could almost hear the words "soon, soon, soon"...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/oxNkns3.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Reactions: Admin
C_Run
C_Run
I could imagine a kersplash there any moment. Beautiful. We will try to make it to Siltcoos this year.

hobster
hobster
Sounds relaxing and heavenly! Soon my friend.............

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
tick tick tick

4IPZAjv.jpg

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
The dam opened 2 days ago!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
increasing the dam opening is great when there are fish in the river below the dam...I have not seen one coho in the lower river yet this year.

Siltcoos and Tahkenitch coho action plan:

step 1- fish in the river below the dams.
step 2- fish move into the lakes.
step 3- fishermen catch coho and lots of coho spawn in the inlet rivers (fully seeded spawning grounds), resulting in lots of baby coho in 2018.
step 4- happy fishermen. happy coho. happy marine biologists.
step 5- repeat next year.

:eek:)

C
Coburg44
Soon!!!!