Looks like there's some wind

K
kwikfisher
Can someone tell me what time the wind generally starts up on the Siuslaw, or is it blowing at sun up too?

K
kwikfisher
Took the plunge and fished below the bridge on Thursday, wind held off somewhat. Caught 9 keeper crab, with some dandy ones....Trolled for 2.5 hours, no fishes, and may have the start of a spun prop hub...Had to row to pick up my pots, but was able to limp back to the dock a 3 mph...Seemed like slooow fishing...All together fun, and nerve racking, and the Dungeness put quality food on the table. Time for some engine trouble shooting, boat ownership ....

Reactions: colt and bd2cool
C
colt
Hopefully all you need is a new prop. Father had that problem and never thought of a new prop until after the dealership charged to tell him that. But he did slam a rock to cause that...

At least you got some crab!

K
kwikfisher
Turns out after a closer look on dry land I discovered even though I was running pretty well at slow speed, the engine sounded okay, one of the two spark plugs electrode was burnt/melted off! I think the plug was loose, and burned because of that. Hopefully not to much sold debris fell in the chamber, will attempt to blow/ vacuum anything out. Fingers crossed...

Reactions: colt
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
kwikfisher said:
Can someone tell me what time the wind generally starts up on the Siuslaw, or is it blowing at sun up too?
Go to NOAA weather website, get to Florence, and click 'Hourly Weather Forecast', should be on the right side if you scroll down a bit. Wind forecast is pretty good for a couple days out.

That stretch along the red wing dams is aligned NW so wind from that direction, which is common, chops that stretch up good but at least it's behind you heading back towards the launch.

Reactions: colt