Questions for this coming fall

T
Tsisley
i know it's gonna be coming up quick and I'm trying to get ready for this coming fall and had a few questions.

first of all I'm located in Salem and I'm thinking about hitting the salmon river. I know it can be a pretty pressured river are there any other costal rivers I should look into for bank fishing?

also I am new to this in general so I will have to buy eggs. Are there any baitshops around the Salem area that you guys suggest?

any advice is greatly appreciated thank you guys

troutdude
troutdude
A client, of mine, limited out in the Salmon River's tidewater last week. As soon as it rains good, it will be time to get to the bank--and make your own withdrawals! Good luck.

P.S. IDK about where to get bait. But several coastal streams, OFFer good bank fishing. Like the Nestucca, for example. And I believe that the Wilson does, as well.

T
Tsisley
troutdude;n606894 said:
A client, of mine, limited out in the Salmon River's tidewater last week. As soon as it rains good, it will be time to get to the bank--and make your own withdrawals! Good luck.

P.S. IDK about where to get bait. But several coastal streams, OFFer good bank fishing. Like the Nestucca, for example. And I believe that the Wilson does, as well.

Thank you for the info I look forward to getting out there soon

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
There used to be a bait shop in Otis. Not sure if it's still there, but it would be on the left side of the highway if it is. Good fishing on that river.

Reactions: Tsisley
troutdude
troutdude
Oh yeah...if you wind up hitting any rivers near Tillamook. There is a good bait n' tackle shop, in town. Used to stop there, on the way to the Nehalem.

B
Ballgame
I also live in Salem and fish the nestucca more than any other river on the coast. There is a good bait shop right the intersection of 101 in Hebo, they open 1 hour before sunrise and they sell a good breakfast. The nestucca has a few bank spots with easy access...boat ramp of 3 rivers, 101 bridge, and Jackson's hole are very good spots and easy to get to. Good luck

Reactions: troutdude and Tsisley
T
Tsisley
Ballgame;n606905 said:
I also live in Salem and fish the nestucca more than any other river on the coast. There is a good bait shop right the intersection of 101 in Hebo, they open 1 hour before sunrise and they sell a good breakfast. The nestucca has a few bank spots with easy access...boat ramp of 3 rivers, 101 bridge, and Jackson's hole are very good spots and easy to get to. Good luck

Thank you for the info I'll definitely look into the nestucca

troutdude
troutdude
Ballgame;n606905 said:
There is a good bait shop right the intersection of 101 in Hebo, they open 1 hour before sunrise and they sell a good breakfast.

Used to stop there regularly, back in the late 70's and early 80's. It was a great shop then; and am glad to see that it still is.