Father's Day on the Nestucca

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Last minute trip to the Nestucca. Had one missed hookset for the day, bobber down and cleaned my hook. Saw and heard a couple fish getting caught. 1st one was a nate just up river from me. The 2nd I heard screaming and yelling as I was coming around a bend, guide boat with a happy client. Looked to be close to 34" long. Pleasantly surprised to see just 4 other boats on the river.

S
Steelheader4Life
I also drifted the Nestucca on father's day. We ended up getting 1 fin clipped springer and released a native. We found a pod of fish and went 2 for 4 with another 8-10 missed bobber downs. I may have been fishing next to that guide and he lost 4 just down the river from us and after my 6th missed bobber down in that hole we decided to leave. I would have worked it harder but I had to get home to the fam.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Which section did you fish? I went from Farmers to Cloverdale.

S
Steelheader4Life
We drifted from 3 Rivers to Cloverdale but we didn't start that drift until about 8:30. The keeper we landed was from a little sneak and swoop first thing in the morning, then we went and dropped the boat in. We watched a guy land one at the mouth there as we were putting in. The pod of light biters we ran into were a little ways down from the boat launch. This spring has been super frustrating and you have to get lucky and be at the right place at the right time.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
My missed fish and the ones I saw landed were all below 3 Rivers. I agree with it being a tough season so far.

S
Steelheader4Life
Yeah, 4 drift boat trips with only 3 fish landed (2 hatchery & 1 native) is not the best but I can't complain. I've talked to a lot of people that have been getting skunked every time out. Good luck if you make it out again!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Steelheader4Life;n605362 said:
4 drift boat trips with only 3 fish landed

I'll take that. Good luck to you as well.