Siltcoos

Markk
Markk
Anything happing there at all? I think I will give it a try this Saturday...what the heck.

11fisherman
I think i am also going to give it a try, Buddy went there Tuesday they got 1 lost 2 others.

E
eugene1
Sweet!

11fisherman said:
I think i am also going to give it a try, Buddy went there Tuesday they got 1 lost 2 others.

Markk
Markk
11fisherman said:
Nice...be there in the morning

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Markk said:
Nice...be there in the morning

pictures! we want pictures! of big shiny coho!....:popcorn:

Markk
Markk
siltcoos.JPG
rogerdodger said:
pictures! we want pictures! of big shiny coho!....:popcorn:
Not too big and not too shiny but we had a good day. Caught it on a red wee wart by the Maple arm.

E
eugene1
Not too shabby!

Looks like a good time to me. Glad you got out there.

Best and thanks for the pic,

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
outstanding. so happy you got one. full marks!

Markk
Markk
Any Coho sightings?

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Half hour ago not much current hopefully they crack open the dam open a bit soon!

Markk
Markk
thanks for the update

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nothing showing in the river or lake so far for me, I checked the river Sunday and fished the outlet Monday afternoon several hours after the big high tide and no jumps/rolls/splashes or hits...

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
They need to open the dam thats what it will take the water below is dirty brackish crap! Rain will do it!

G
getsdwyz
if any one can check the water level stick at west lake resort on the dock 8' is usually the magic number Saturday it was 7'1

Last edited:
C
Catwalk
This was the dam as of yesterday around 4 pm. I saw fish in the river jumping well below the dam, but non coming over the dam.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
by 'coming over the dam' I assume you mean there were none coming up the fish ladder yet? (it is in the foreground of the picture, this side of the railing). just making sure people don't think they need to jump over the dam to move past it...

C
Catwalk
No fish coming up the fish ladder. Also I didn't see any action on either side of the dam (fish rolling).

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Catwalk said:
Yes non coming up the fish ladder. Also I didn't see any action on either side of the dam (fish rolling).

seems like there should be some coho reaching the dam soon, and lots more soon if they crack those spillways open a bit to drain OFF some rain coming into the lake...plenty of SRC have been coming in but they don't jump and roll like the coho, so no evidence of their migration until you catch them in the lake...:D

G
getsdwyz
getsdwyz said:
if any one can check the water level stick at west lake resort on the dock 8' is usually the magic number Saturday it was 7'1

So I'm told the water level stick is now at 7'2" so looks like the lake has gone up an inch since Sunday and had some friends go down to the campground below the dam and said they saw a lot of fish rolling around and surfacing.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
getsdwyz said:
So I'm told the water level stick is now at 7'2" so looks like the lake has gone up an inch since Sunday and had some friends go down to the campground below the dam and said they saw a lot of fish rolling around and surfacing.

I hope that is true. I checked at Lodgepole at 9am Friday and did not see any fish activity...sad face. no water movement there either so I agree no change in the dam yet but if we get an inch or more of rain this weekend, hoping next week gets real shiny...