Siuslaw River/Florence area

M
mosd
was thinking about checking siuslaw out this weekend, anyone hear of any reports of kings being caught coming from there?

i would goto winchester but dont want to deal with the zoo

i heard yaquina bay in newport was a producer, but kindof have my sights set for the slaw...

ok, off to put some more kokanee in the smoker

M
mikeredding
I was there Sat and heard of 4 nooks and 5 on Friday.

H
hawgslayer
I live in Florence, and get a report almost everyday. I as well heard of 4 nooks on saturday ranging from 15# - 25#. Also saw 2 being cleaned when we came back from our blank trip out on the ocean for coho. The 2 on sunday were 25# - 30#, and one was a hen. Cushman to the dairy hole is the hot spot as always. Plug cut with no bling works great. I'll be trying to catch the late incoming tide on thursday after work. I'll let you know the results.

R
rippin fish lips
I know your not trying to go to winchesterbay, but it is hot right now!

T
Thuggin4Life
I would go check it out they are starting to show and people are catching them and there are way less boats than the umpqua. And just because you went out with a guide who happened to get you guys into fish on a particular day doesn't mean that it is hot right now.

M
mosd
hawgslayer said:
I live in Florence, and get a report almost everyday. I as well heard of 4 nooks on saturday ranging from 15# - 25#. Also saw 2 being cleaned when we came back from our blank trip out on the ocean for coho. The 2 on sunday were 25# - 30#, and one was a hen. Cushman to the dairy hole is the hot spot as always. Plug cut with no bling works great. I'll be trying to catch the late incoming tide on thursday after work. I'll let you know the results.

thanks, that would be appreciated.
no bling huh, that will help me out in not carrying so much hardware an leaving the tack' box at home

R
rippin fish lips
Thuggin4Life said:
I would go check it out they are starting to show and people are catching them and there are way less boats than the umpqua. And just because you went out with a guide who happened to get you guys into fish on a particular day doesn't mean that it is hot right now.

True, forgot to mention that one.

T
Thuggin4Life
rippin fish lips said:
True, forgot to mention that one.
Glad you guys picked a great day to go with a good guide.

N
nwkiller
yeah chester is good right now...i wouldnt say hot for another week or so, but the slaw should be throwing down soon as well, i would try near Cushman area as well, i just love fishing the rocks in winchester, such a battle

F
Finneus Polebender
It is pickin up but slow reports so far , although the few caught have been midland to nice should really pick up in the next couple weeks . Never know day to day and Ive always run cut plug no bling myself there .

W
windburnt
anybody hear or seen of anymore reports of nooks on the slaw recently..??? Jenna jigz and i maybe hitting up the dairy hole tomarrow.

M
mosd
well my buddy bailed on me, so ill have a open seat sat if anyone wants to tag along. depending on how good it is might go again on sunday too... ive got a spare salmon rod with level-wind reel too in case who ever descides to go, shoot me a pm

N
nwkiller
i totaly would but im going up to astoria to get into some beast nooks up there

F
fishndad
mosd said:
well my buddy bailed on me, so ill have a open seat sat if anyone wants to tag along. depending on how good it is might go again on sunday too... ive got a spare salmon rod with level-wind reel too in case who ever descides to go, shoot me a pm

man id love to go with, but i couldnt go saturday!

J
JeannaJigs
It's very slow...but the fish are in.

T
Thuggin4Life
I heard the herring fishing is good.

J
JeannaJigs
Haha yeah ;) we learned that herring will bite herring.

S
steelhead_stalkers
So will crabs. Lots three herring to the little buggers the other day! Did not know they would come up and grab a herring off my rig.

M
mosd
fishndad said:
man id love to go with, but i couldnt go saturday!

im hitting winchester with a friend sat an hitting the 'slaw on sunday

W
windburnt
Thuggin4Life said:
I heard the herring fishing is good.

lol...that was suppose to be a secret..ahaha