Again I'm asking about bay crabbing.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Anyone getting good numbers of hard shells In the bays?
All I've been hearing is that they are still few and far between.

EOBOY
EOBOY
I haven't been but have thought about going, just to go. I haven't been able to talk anyone into it, or if they said yes they wanted to go when I couldn't.But I'm way north of you guys so the situation may not applie.

G
Gulfstream
I was at the cleaning station in Charleston on last Friday,and saw 2 guys with probably 12-15 crabs,some nice ones.I checked a few for G P and they had 2-3 softies.The wind down here has been BRUTAL!

Reactions: EOBOY
plumbertom
plumbertom
Yeah watching that wind forecast.
Even if I get out Monday or Tuesday for the morning tide, it'll be a early day because of afternoon winds and my low sided boat.

G
Gulfstream
About and hour or so on either side of slack tide seems best for us.Good Luck

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I have not heard any really good reports from the central coast. So far, I would say not an amazing crab year like 2017 was.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Actually I work at Safeway Florence and the last 2 weeks have been pretty good as far as Old Town on down, lotsa folks buying chicken for pots this morning!

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
The wind has been horrible past about 11:30, however the crabbing is on fire! I went out in Newport Friday and probably caught about 6 limits in two pulls of my 3 traps. A lot of softies still but there are so many crabs you can grade for hard shell crabs no problem. 25-30 FOW using fish carcs I dug out of the cleaning station dumpster. However, here is my disclaimer. You are taking a risk by using fish in Yaquina bay, I usually use chicken but I was feeling dangerous

oh, and fishing is really good too!

• photo32529.jpg
  • photo32530.jpg
  • photo32531.jpg
4labs
4labs
Great report and pics. Seem like everything north of reedsport is good and south is spotty.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
EOBOY;n613100 said:
I haven't been but have thought about going, just to go. I haven't been able to talk anyone into it, or if they said yes they wanted to go when I couldn't.But I'm way north of you guys so the situation may not applie.

Dana, I'll go crabbing with you.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Give me a call, figured you would be to busy this time of year.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
I'm buried. Will need to be on a weekend. I'll text you.

EOBOY
EOBOY
weekends are ok Rose works so no problemo, anything to dodge this heat

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Bay crabbing? sounds like a lot of work..lol
I chased down this 6" pre-molt male in about 2' of water while I was digging razor clams this morning, I am going to call him "lunch". checked another 20 or so crabs that ended up all being females...
cheers and good crabbing! roger

eicDEku.jpg

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
got my first good report from the Siuslaw, crabbing pressure has increased but sounds like limits happening at CG and even farther up river...cheers, roger

Reactions: plumbertom
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
I went out in the Yaquina again this Friday and caught limits of crab and rockfish for two. The crabbing pressure has dramatically increased and so naturally crabbing has slowed a bit. I still managed a limit but I had to work for it for several hours. Mixture of softies and hard shell crabs but not enough keepers to be picky this trip

Reactions: plumbertom
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Good in the river today

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Bon Apetit

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Took the girls to Netarts today. Missed most of low tide, had a power outage overnight which meant no alarm clock. Ended up with 4 oversized, 1 keeper and some rock crab. In coming tide was pulling my buoys under so moved in a bit with minimal success.
Audrey & Maela Netarts1.jpgNetarts Crab.jpgAudrey & Maela Netarts.jpg