Lookout Point walleye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookout Point walleye

I'm wanting to take to the water at this lake and try my hand at walleye there.
    I've never fished walleye anywhere so I'll be boating blind.
    Anyone care to offer up advice?

Hard to get any info on this lake . Sure gets drawn down for dexter . Those that know the lake don't give up its secrets willingly . I would run crankbaits and see what hits .
    PeteHeley.Com - Outdoors, Fishing, Sports and Puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by 4labs View Post
      Hard to get any info on this lake . Sure gets drawn down for dexter . Those that know the lake don't give up its secrets willingly . I would run crankbaits and see what hits .
      Yeah, I've noticed the way the level changes.
      I was thinking crank baits on the troll.
      But being a Novice at targeting Walleye (I've never lived where they were found) I haven't the slightest idea whether to troll shallow or deep, big or small cranks, or what area to target.
      Probably the upper end of the reservoir would be the place to try.
      I have a good collection of Cranks from my Black Bass days and some Crappie Killers that work quite well on SoCal waters.
      I suppose the only thing to do is get there and see what happens.

Comment

On the Outdoor channel theirs always a walleye tournament on and Angler West had a show about Walleye about a month ago . Seem's any large diving plug that a bass will hit a walleye will probably hit also dragging a nightcrawler on a Macks walleye rig would be great. Lots of stumps at the east end and have seen boats fishing along the hwy side almost across from the boat ramp. Have heard of great crappie fishing in there. Just alittle bit worried about the security of your rig at the ramp.That area has a bit of a reputation if you know what I mean ??

Comment

I usually don't concern myself too much about my truck when out. It's a worn out 22 year old Dodge with nothing in it to steal.

Comment

Working...
          X