Night fishing with green light

L
limitedthoughts
Searched all over ODFW and can't find anything about it. Doesn't say you can't and doesn't say you can.

C
colt
Unless it is stated otherwise, night fishing should be legal in most places. There may be places that dont allow it and usually it will be noted in regs for the specific area or at the location. I have yet to run into trouble at my local areas. Talk to other locals and ask them if they know anything if you arent sure. Thats how i went about it and one other place i just took a gamble.

The green light, wow. Its different fishing at night. Just make sure you got enough light and batteries for navigating the boat if you are going on one.

L
limitedthoughts
Well Sorry I should have said Submersible light. There was a post about it on one of these forums before but no one gave answers.

troutdude
troutdude
First of all, welcome to OFF.

Secondly, your moniker cracked me up!!! LOL

Thirdly, a submersed light might not be legal. You can always call ODFW HQ's, in Clackamas. Or call the Oregon State Marine Board (or look on their web site).

L
limitedthoughts
Thanks. I have had this name for years. When people ask why the heck I choose this nickname for the net I just say my thoughts are only as limited as you let them be :).

I've scoured the ODFW site and can't find anything on it. The only mention for it is on this forum and they never had a response from them other then its ok to fish for pike minnow at night. Just hoping someone else can assist me in this long climb trying to find answers.

troutdude
troutdude
If you call ODFW, or the Marine Board, you should have your answers toot-suite. Or at least be directed, to those with the answer. It may not be in our Reg book, because no one does it (which may indicate that, it is illegal). But I do NOT know that, to be a fact.

C
colt
Well, as long as that was cleared up i also meant to say i used a submersible one. I have the green blob and for not catching anything, it works great. Saw quite an abundance of baitfish that attracted the gamefish. Saw them swimming but not biting. I have spoke with other night fishermen and they have reported using lights above water for attracting the fish but none had a chance to try a submersible one. If you arent wanting to risk trouble, go with troutdude's response for a legal set answer.

L
limitedthoughts
Yeah Ill start looking into it more. I sure hope I can I think it would be a neat way to mess around and see how something works.

C
colt
Let us know what you find out if you dont mind please :)

L
limitedthoughts
I absolutely will. Its nice to find a place about fishing where people want to talk instead of brag or pretend they know everything.

troutdude
troutdude
limitedthoughts;n607898 said:
I absolutely will. Its nice to find a place about fishing where people want to talk instead of brag or pretend they know everything.

I used to be, on of those. Thankfully, I am in recovery. And was graciously given the opportunity, to be a MOD. Glad to see that, you like it here.