Umpqua shad report 5/21/17

T
the_intimidator03
Just wanted to give you fine folks a heads up. Shad on the umpqua are coming in. I spent a few hours out by yellow creek and hooked up with 6-8 shad. other folks there had nice stringers of shad. Water is a little higher than I am used to. Seemed pink jigheads with peach or chartruse curly tails worked best.

Reactions: BaldTexan and Aervax
Aervax
Aervax
Good to see a report on the Shad. I look forward to the run here on the Columbia. It is still a bit of a wait here. How long does the run last on the Umpqua? I might need to make a run down there.

T
the_intimidator03
It usually runs a week or two into june.. about fathers day. They are trickling in from what i see on the counts

G
Gulfstream
Thanks Eric! I will hopefully be seeing you soon!:thumb:

T
the_intimidator03
Just give me a call. I may run again tomorrow, who knows

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
A buddy and I are going to try a little bit farther up stream this evening. I will let you know how we do.

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Well no luck on the shad. My buddy and I went to the Umpqua Landing boat launch with my wife, son and his girlfriend. We tried fishing from shore underneath the bridge there. It was great evening, but no shad to be found. After about an hour and a half I switched gear and started chasing bass. Had several strikes while I was gaucking off, and finally managed to land maybe a 2 lb smallmouth.