Any reports on shad yet???

B
B.W.SINNER
i was just wondering if anybody has been out shad fishing or heard any reports yet

T
the_intimidator03
I do believe its still a bit early for shad. But they are just around the corner, I sure miss fishing for them

B
B.W.SINNER
yeah ive fished for them quite a bit in the past but last few years i could never get the time to fish for them but id like to get down there soon

K
kenjimua
just looked at the fishcount at bonniville *if thats where you guys are going* they just started coming in...116 at the moment..but its like what the_intidator03 said its just around the corner

B
B.W.SINNER
i was askin about the umpqua i guess it would have hepled if i would have secified lol but the columbia has always been on my mind id really like to learn some spots up there so any info for there helps to!! thanks

B
Bauchme
Can you fish for Shad below Bonneville if the river is closed to Salmon? Also, Can you catch shad from shore in Oregon City?

T
the_intimidator03
i figured it was the umpqua. The place i used to go to was leaving sutherlin and heading towards elkton. just kept driving past the bar (can't recall the name) until I got to yellow creek Road. Just past that on the left(river side) is a pullout. When shad are in you can't miss it. That is where i bank fished for shad

N
neverbackdown7
the_intimidator03 said:
i figured it was the umpqua. The place i used to go to was leaving sutherlin and heading towards elkton. just kept driving past the bar (can't recall the name) until I got to yellow creek Road. Just past that on the left(river side) is a pullout. When shad are in you can't miss it. That is where i bank fished for shad

Hey what did you use if you dont mind me asking? Im going down there this weekend, I heard yesterday the run is in full swing :dance:

T
the_intimidator03
Usually use a 1/32-1/16th chartruse or pink jighead with a 1 inch chartruse or pink curl tail grub. Add just enough split shot above that when you do a 1/4 cast upstream you just start to tick bottom through you drift.