Big bluegill .... what do I do for state record ?

H
Hawk
shotgun said:
If that is the states rule on records ... No matter how much I disagree with the state ... I will have to live with it.

The pond ... which is a 18 acre quarry lake 50 feet deep at its deepest and spring fed .... is not some small pond where we are trying to grow state records ... we just bought the property this last summer ... and it has not been fished ( very little ) since 1991 when it was stocked with bass and bluegill by someone .... Plus the lake is completely private ... so everything was left alone to grow .... Just shows you what can be without a over fishing public on the water .....

So ... we will enjoy .... Pictures are one just under 2 pounds that my son caught ....
Thanks.... Doug

Those are beautiful bluegill bro. :D:D

What are they eating in your pond/lake?

Welcome to the family. :)

T
todd_brooks
WOW!! I grew up in the mid west and thats a trophy fish for sure. And I don't remember who said it but, they were right those things are amazing table fare my mouth is watering just seeing those pictures. I'm not kidding my mouth is watering, I haven't had a good pan fish fish fry for years. Enjoy your gem man thats sweet.

H
halibuthitman
that is a stunning bluegill... the godzilla of panfish!:shock:

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
that is a stunning bluegill... the godzilla of panfish!:shock:

4wt fly rod+ a bright colored size 14 soft hackle +trophy bluegill = screaming fly reel

F
Finneus Polebender
Got my first swimbait bluegill not near the monster you guys are catchin ,but quite the surprise none the less . This guy was right at 1 lb hit a 3.5 inch castaic swim bait freakin awesome!

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Got my first swimbait bluegill not near the monster you guys are catchin ,but quite the surprise none the less . This guy was right at 1 lb hit a 3.5 inch castaic swim bait freakin awesome!

That's good to know.

S
shotgun
On letting people fish ..... We just bought the property this summer amd am still getting settled in .... Maybe next year I will let a few people fish ... catch and release only with barbless hooks ... but it will be limited ...
Thanks for all your comments and help ...
Doug

F
Finneus Polebender
shotgun said:
On letting people fish ..... We just bought the property this summer amd am still getting settled in .... Maybe next year I will let a few people fish ... catch and release only with barbless hooks ... but it will be limited ...
Thanks for all your comments and help ...
Doug

That is very cool and will keep your place fishin good for years to come , pretty much do the same here but dont really worry about the barbs and the fish seem to be no worse for the wear!