punkinseeed. hyuk hyuk.

C
chris61182
A_J-Llama said:
An ol timer asked me what I was using one day at Hagg when he saw my fish, showed him my trusty silver and black rapala and he called me a liar.

At least he just called you a liar, that's somewhere between what I'm usually told, mind you right after catching a fish, "that won't work," or far more commonly on the web, that "they were snagging."

Now speaking of which, I need to beef up my arsenal of rapalas before the next season starts. I lost a few I had right at the end of last season.

F
FishSchooler
I gots a 3 or 4 inch silver/black, and that 2 incher is a skyblue/silver and another 2 incher is a rainbowish mix with stripes and all.

A
A_J-Llama
If you are fishin Hagg, my top producers are silver/black, perch, and rainbow, in that order. If you are bank fishing a lot, use #9's and #7's for casting eaze, but if trolling, some time a #11 can't be beat. The # 11 has three trebles and I've had two,2lb smallies on one lure, on two different occasions, what a fight that was. When the fish are finicky I always go smaller, #5's are hard to beat, and try a 3crank/twitch retrieve or a dead float/twitch presentation. A friend had fished Hagg for years and never caught a bass there, I suggested my rapala methods and almost every trip he made after that he caught bass. I believe the rapala is one of the best lures ever made, I must have about 40 of em.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Llama,I have had exactly the same thing happen. In this little Montana creek, I fish like a 4 inch s;liver, and black Rap, and the giant Browns, and Brookies just slaughter the things. It is illegal to take the little weird minnow fish in there, so the next best thing is a plug that looks like one! The creek regulars look at me like I am crazy walkin down with a 2-6 strapped up with a super plug! It works though, only place I've found where big trout hit huge lures in a tiny, tiny creek.

A
A_J-Llama
I firmly believe you could catch salmon in the bay draggin a magnum rapala covered with herring gel behind a dodger. just think of the bait costs you could save, same bait catching multi fish over and over, what do you think???

O
osmosis
won't work too well using a dodger . however use a flasher and you'd be closer to on track.
Let us know how it goes if you ever try it.

A
A_J-Llama
I thought a dodger was a flasher, is there a difference??? I know there are different types, Cabela's sells "herring dodger flashers", what type did you have in mind??

O
osmosis
they are completely different. :)
A dodger actualy swings back and forth in the water.

a flasher spins on axis.

Last edited:
A
A_J-Llama
Great input, thanks for your help clearing that up. See, you can teach old dogs new tricks, especially when they are eager to learn : ) Anthony

Troutski
Troutski
Great site...

Great site...

This is what this site is all about....spectacular, simply spectacular...:clap: :clap:

Chuck