Prineville family trip

D
damonspreng
So my wifes family has been going to prineville res. For a long time and never had success fishing... Im pretty sure there is decent bass fishing there but ive never had a chance to fish there. Would like to be able to show them some fish this year. Were going mid August and I'm wondering if there is any GO TO baits up there?

4labs
4labs
Heard of a great crappie bite if you wanted shear numbers and good eating but water level may be way down this yr. still will be fun

D
damonspreng
We Want a fight. These guys and girls are fishermen just not warm water...

troutdude
troutdude
You might try contacting the ODFW office, in Prineville. Maybe they can refer you to someone, with more information.

Prineville Field Office
2042 SE Paulina Hwy
Prineville, OR 97754
Tel: 541-447-5111 Fax: 541-447-8065

Irishrover
Irishrover
We used to catch some fair sized rainbow trout across the lake from the marina. It was in the deep water next to the rock cliff. We would take the kids over their by boat and they would send down power bait with good results. The area is straight across from the marina. While at the marina we used to catch good numbers of crappie using small plastic green grubs out by the log booms. Catfish can be found in the shallow arms of the lake. As for bass I don't think we have ever even tried. Good luck and watch out for rattlesnakes.

Reactions: troutdude
B
Berg03
Prineville is an amazing bass fishery. Lots of bass in that lake. Have a boat? hit any main lake points with soft plastics. no boat... hit any structure you can find with soft plastics. easiest way to catch them out there. I have caught them just about everywhere on that lake.

W
wils
If you have a boat and know how & where to fish bass, senkos with a split-shot will get you some fish. Bigger fish are deeper than the smaller fish. If youre getting short-bit, those are crappies and try to get under them, too. You'll have to suffer through A LOT of small smb to get some quality.
LMB? good luck....but they're there, too. ;)