Smallmouth bass?

F
Fishin'_Magician
Friend of mine caught this a few days ago. He told me 9.1 Oz is what it weighed. That's bigger than the state record for Smallmouth.

• photo32375.jpg
Reactions: Mister Bisley, Admin and PursuitFishing
F
Fishin'_Magician
I told him he had a new state record and he then told me what I already knew. That you have to pay an officiation fee to the ODFW to get your name in the book. Go fish!:cat:

F
Fishin'_Magician
Another good friend of mine shot a bull elk a few years back and it had 11 points on one side of it's head.. He called up the ODFW and they came out and checked it out and told told him he had indeed a new state record bull elk.
They they then told my friend that it would cost $800 to get his elk in the record book. And $800 officiation fee. Go figure. My friend said no thanks and spent the money to get the head mounted.Go fish!

Reactions: Mister Bisley
C
colt
Thats just bullpoo. Spend the money to have a replica of the bass made and have that for a great memory. Cannot believe it costs that much to even get put into the record book. Thats the first time ive heard of that. But then again, never tried it myself. Nice bass though.

G
govallis
Why not a "State Record" thread in this forum or any fishing forum?

Reactions: fishin_farmer
W
Willerman
I believe your friend was pulling your leg ;)

That's a good sized bass, and it's hard to judge at that angle, but I don't think it's anywhere near 9 IMO

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane, PTownAngler, fishin_farmer and 1 other person
F
Fishin'_Magician
That's a really good idea.

F
Fishin'_Magician
A members only fishing record list. Perhaps a Moderator or the Administrator can take that ball and run with it.. Capital idea!

Reactions: fishin_farmer
F
Fishin'_Magician
colt;n612153 said:
Thats just bullpoo. Spend the money to have a replica of the bass made and have that for a great memory. Cannot believe it costs that much to even get put into the record book. Thats the first time ive heard of that. But then again, never tried it myself. Nice bass though.

Well the eight hundred bucks was probably because it was a bull elk. I'm not sure if it costs that much for a fish to be officiated. Or offishiated. :D

Reactions: colt
T
Throbbit _Shane
Willerman;n612254 said:
I believe your friend was pulling your leg ;)

That's a good sized bass, and it's hard to judge at that angle, but I don't think it's anywhere near 9 IMO

I have to agree. Nice bass but 9lbs.... fish story.

K
killigan
Fishin'_Magician;n612128 said:
He told me 9.1 Oz is what it weighed. That's bigger than the state record for Smallmouth.

9.1 Oz converted to pounds = 0.56875lbs Nice fish, looks a bit small to be a 9 pounder, but it looks bigger then 9.1Oz (0.56875lbs);)