Hagg Lake tips and tricks

R
RednaxBass
Hey guys! I haven't fished at Hagg Lake much but I want to start going there more often. If you know any good spots or any lures that work well please help me out.
Thank You! :)

M
montym
Well come to OFF my new friend. I'd suggest that you start by searching the old posts. There are a bunch of folks here who have posted detailed reports on their exploits at Hagg. Honest, there are so many posts about Hagg that one does not know where to start. Bank access right now will be practically everywhere around the lake, and practically everything works, depends on what you want to catch and what you have.

Cheers
M

PS: Looks like even in my fishing retirement I should be able to provide some consultation in the near future :). Red, just so that you know, I've been fishing Hagg for last 3 years but about to hang up, or rather sell off, my rods now.

R
RednaxBass
Thanks! I have found some good stuff in people's fishing reports. :thumb:

W
Willerman
I have made it to hagg about 10 times in the past month and have been giving some fish sore jaws. The biggest producer right now for me is lipless crankbaits and shakey head worms. I focus on structure for the largies and grasslines/mudlines for the smallies. Let us know how you do!

Troutski
Troutski
montym;n606133 said:
Well come to OFF my new friend. I'd suggest that you start by searching the old posts. There are a bunch of folks here who have posted detailed reports on their exploits at Hagg. Honest, there are so many posts about Hagg that one does not know where to start. Bank access right now will be practically everywhere around the lake, and practically everything works, depends on what you want to catch and what you have.

Cheers
M

PS: Looks like even in my fishing retirement I should be able to provide some consultation in the near future :). Red, just so that you know, I've been fishing Hagg for last 3 years but about to hang up, or rather sell off, my rods now.

Wait what? Hanging it up.... don't tell me, wait selling rods; now don't tease - what we talking.. trolling gear. Oh sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread; better sign out..

Chuck

tbrinks
tbrinks
Check out the Navionics mobile app if you don't have it yet. It has some great contours for Hagg and also many community edits, which are spots others have marked for everyone to try. You can see the fish icons on this image. Click those on your app and it will have more details about the spot.

Hagg Lake

C_Run
C_Run
PS: Looks like even in my fishing retirement I should be able to provide some consultation in the near future :). Red, just so that you know, I've been fishing Hagg for last 3 years but about to hang up, or rather sell off, my rods now.[/QUOTE]

Huh? How does one quit fishing, Monty?

T
tomriker
just work to much... it's been working for me...

C_Run
C_Run
I'll bet those bass in your lake are glad to get a reprieve.

F
frontierhistorian
"If you know any good spots or any lures that work well please help me out."

I'm one of the less experienced fishers on this site, but I fish Hagg more than anywhere else. It's heavily stocked, and you can do well from the shore near the boat ramps with power bait (garlic) as well as worms. I've avoided it lately, assuming the trout would be scarce in the warmer weather, but I'm not sure that's true. A bass fisher just pulled a very nice rainbow out of there last month--he posted the pic on this forum. If you google trout fishing at Hagg, you'll also find some good advice that way. The bait shop on the way up to the lake also dispenses advice as do most people you'll meet fishing there.

R
RednaxBass
Thanks for all the help guys! :thumb: