What are the best bass lakes in Oregon?

T
todd
iv yet to find one that stands out. emigrant lakes been good. not great.what about northern california any great lakes for bassin

A
adambomb
All the great bass lakes in Oregon are irrigation lakes and ponds on private property, in my opinion.

H
Hawk
todd said:
iv yet to find one that stands out. emigrant lakes been good. not great.what about northern california any great lakes for bassin

Clear Lake & Shasta,CA

:lol::lol::lol:

There are some lakes along the southern Oregon coast that hold biggun Bass, but i don't remember the names, offhand.

M
Mike123
Ya I think your best bets are ponds... lots of them private.
I've caught nice ones in Green Peter..
Craine Prarie has bass... and some nice rainbows too!
We got a big pond here in Lebanon that's an old mill pond. It used to be phenomenal fishing!!! There's still bass in there but it's been over fished. That's what you want to find is construction ponds and private ponds and lakes.

F
Finneus Polebender
Almost all the ponds of any substantial size will have a few hidden lunkers . For truly huge bass I will have to agree with the majority here probably private pond /lake is best bet now to catch large bass with much regularity. If you put in the time and go where others dont or dare not you can still get a rare shot at some nice fish! In my experience talkin hundreds of hours fishin for each big fish caught ! Do know one old timer fishes resivoir bass w/swimbaits and various other things I am sure he wont tell anyone about . He is the only angler I know around here that lands multiple 8+ lb fish every year! It can be done ! He spent a lot of time at fall creek ,dorena ,and CG . think lookout also. All these places are too big for my little toon so I dont know much about any recent bass activity in them. woops your out of white city prob wont help you if not maybe others?

T
todd
Theres two clear lakes witch one r u talking about

F
Finneus Polebender
todd said:

Sure it is the one in n CA . Famous bass lake!

H
Hawk
todd said:

It's in northern california by the little town of Nice, off hwy 20.
:D

T
todd
iwent to selmac to day fished 7 hours and cought 1 bass. SUCKED!

T
tomriker
i like my little pond i got out back, perfect size, nice cover and no one to bug me :)

T
todd
yea that would be nice.some day

H
Hawk
todd said:

I used to fish Selmac quite a bit.
Caught&Released some nice bass, using rapala & rebel lures, working the shoreline.

Caught many bullhead catfish (c&r), trout, sometimes crappie.

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
i like my little pond i got out back, perfect size, nice cover and no one to bug me :)

What he said and me too!!

C
colbypearson
Hawk said:
I used to fish Selmac quite a bit.
Caught&Released some nice bass, using rapala & rebel lures, working the shoreline.

Caught many bullhead catfish (c&r), trout, sometimes crappie.

I woudl be willing to bet money that selmac is one of the best bass fisheries in the state yo just have to know how to fish it -

H
Hawk
colbypearson said:
I woudl be willing to bet money that selmac is one of the best bass fisheries in the state yo just have to know how to fish it -

That's True Bro...
:cool::cool:

F
FarmerBass
todd said:

You fished it to late in the season. Best time for that is late march to mid May. But thats just my opinion. But ofcourse, this year I think we are about 1.5 months behind in our weather. Look at Coby's post about catching the big-ons.

Do you have a boat. Applegate, Lost Creek, Willow, Lake of the Woods, all have good size largemouth. Craine Prarie, Ten Mile(coast) have Extra large largemouth, LOL. And of course private ponds and such. Expo ponds have bass, but are fished heavily for trout. Catch some Bass in the White City ponds and Agate lake by Stoneridge golf course.

Larry

Last edited:
T
todd
colbypearson said:

yea i can tell looking at your post.i was really suprized to only catch one i have been catching 20 to 30 a day everywhere else i havent figured out the deep water fishing for bass yet.crank baits and jigs.no luck for me.

C
colbypearson
FarmerBass said:
You fished it to late in the season. Best time for that is late march to mid May. But thats just my opinion. But ofcourse, this year I think we are about 1.5 months behind in our weather. Look at Coby's post about catching the big-ons.

Do you have a boat. Applegate, Lost Creek, Willow, Lake of the Woods, all have good size largemouth. Craine Prarie, Ten Mile(coast) have Extra large largemouth, LOL. And of course private ponds and such. Expo ponds have bass, but are fished heavily for trout. Catch some Bass in the White City ponds and Agate lake by Stoneridge golf course.

Larry

i wouldnt go so far as to say to late in the season my last post was almost all bass from 6-19-2010 it just goes back to you have to know how to catch them in summer patters that lake is full of spots seen by less than 10% of the boat traffic on that lake, you just have to find them the bass in selmac "somewhere" in that lake are always willing to bite its just a matter of precess of elimitation in finding where they are and what they want to eat

T
todd
colbypearson said:
i wouldnt go so far as to say to late in the season my last post was almost all bass from 6-19-2010 it just goes back to you have to know how to catch them in summer patters that lake is full of spots seen by less than 10% of the boat traffic on that lake, you just have to find them the bass in selmac "somewhere" in that lake are always willing to bite its just a matter of precess of elimitation in finding where they are and what they want to eat

do u like fishing deeper water then the shore line?

C
colbypearson
todd said:
do u like fishing deeper water then the shore line?

both can by dynamite at times the bass in that lake can hide really well find a spot that hold fish and stay on it for a while and fish it out i would focus on 5 feet and deeper for the most part though