Winds keeping centeral coast sports fiishermen at the docks

Irishrover
Irishrover
Can't wait to get out there on the ocean and locate some schools of coho. The problem as usual is the red flag flying designating small craft advisory. The winds are blow stron off the coast and that has the wind waves tall and close.

Today

N wind 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Wind waves N 4 ft at 5 seconds. NW swell 4 ft at 8 seconds.
Tonight
N wind 15 to 20 kt. Gusts to 25 kt, becoming 20 kt after midnight. Wind waves N 5 ft at 6 seconds. NW swell 5 ft at 8 seconds.

Not the best of ocean fishing conditions. Looks like there might be a window on Wednesday. Offshore fishing does require a bit of patients when it comes to weather.:)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
agreed, even stronger wind down off CoosBay today but it is about to take a vacation. I am launching at first light Wed and again on Thur to target ocean salmon for the first time ever, hopefully get a nice cabby also. Ocean kayak fishing off Oregon definitely requires patience plus good data on the swell and wind. tight lines! roger

Irishrover
Irishrover
I'm planning on Wednesday also. Looks like a 5 to 10 knot blow with small swell. Good luck down there Roger!

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Looks Good this weekend, I will be fishing out of Winchester Saturday and Sunday chasing salmon. 7/7-7/8. Does anybody know what VHF channel most run down there?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Duckcross;n612857 said:
Looks Good this weekend, I will be fishing out of Winchester Saturday and Sunday chasing salmon. 7/7-7/8. Does anybody know what VHF channel most run down there?

I scan all the normal channels, the kayakers commonly use 69, I'm not sure about PBers...

Irishrover
Irishrover
Dang wind...….15 knot winds with gust to 20 and a small craft advisory kept us at the dock today.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
I am leaving this afternoon first ocean salmon trips of the season this weekend, hope to find something.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I couldn't find any salmon out off of CoosBay on Thursday, trolled about 1.5hours in 80' to 100' of water, radio chatter makes me think they are out deeper...hope you guys find some soon.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Fished Winchester this last weekend several undersized Chinook and a few native coho. We did manage 2 keeper Chinook about 13 lbs. Fished from 50' to 300' both north and south Caught both keepers right around the whistler buoy.

Irishrover
Irishrover
We found three halibut out of Newport on Monday. The ocean was like a lake. We made it out again this am but called it at noon as the winds were just starting to pick up. Mow it looks like we are in for a few days of strong winds. Guess we will do a few things while tied to the dock.