Marine Gold Beach Fishing Reports

G
Gulfstream
Little sketchy going out today, as the spit has disappeared. We tried to hit it on the slack low, but with the water coming out of the river, you had to pay attention. Kinda fast drift with a steady wind blowing through the canyon. It finally laid down and we were able to get some good drifts in. Let go more legals than we kept and sent back a MONSTER vermillion,just for karma. All on CJ tackle swimbaits. 60-130 ft, 4 labs, thanks again! That spot is KILLER. HAVE FUN!

IMG_4926.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Admin
C_Run
C_Run
Very nice report, Gulfstream!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent.

4labs
4labs
Whip you guys are KILLING ME. I doubt you had any traffic going out and no blacks ? If you don't get blacks out at the "garden" head in to submarine rock. Its the rock about 1 1/2 north of the jetty and looks like a submarine 1/2 mile off the beach and 30-50 ft with a nasty bottom and lots of kelp there's a long reef that sits 10 ft above high tide. The end of april the blacks and lings really move in there. No crabs ?

4labs
4labs
OOPS forgot they just opened south coast crabbing on Monday.

G
Gulfstream
1 small black I let back.We talked to another boat at the ramp and said it was very slow on the school fish.Kinda tired of crab[can't believe I said that] Thanks 4 labs.We will try that spot next trip:thumb:

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Epic day Congrats, I hope to make it to Gold Beach this year and try and to find some of them tasty critters.

4labs
4labs
Whip sometime post some pics of your buddys swimbaits..

G
Gulfstream
IMG_4947.JPGIMG_4946.JPG 15different colors 4,5 and 7 inch.$1.25 ea and big ones are$1.75

4labs
4labs
Made it back to GB for some early am bottom fishing and crabbing NOOA said 3 ft seas 6 ft wind waves and didn't believe it thought it would be a lot nicer boy was I wrong. Dropped off the pots 1/4 mile north in 35ft to a "excited ocean" and headed out 2 1/2 miles to the "garden" were Whip goes and started to hear a voice that said "don't do it". A insane fast drift wind aided (sounds familiar) and lost gear on each drift did me in ,Say good by to breakfast. Lost 2 large lings and got my blacks just couldn't take it , wind waves got at least to 8ft .made it back to the pots to a lot of crabs but only 6 legal males after a 1 1/2 soak.
Fish the bay to big crowds and 0 for me but lots of fish caught.
Fished late friday at high tide , ramp empty everyone fishing past 101 bridge. at least 100+ boats and maybe 20+ guide boats some I've never seen.
Had 4 take downs and lost 1 at the net. Ran out of anchovies and went to a Brads plug cut in silver and blue dots with a anchovy tail in it .
17 lb took it at Indian creek in 10 mins after I put it on. When the dredge leaves will be nice with a lot of room and a deep channel.
Good luck to all and God Bless

Reactions: bd2cool
G
Gulfstream
Sounds like the weatherman has been putting the screws to you on the past few trips

4labs
4labs
If I would have stayed inside would have been fine. Over by submarine rock.
Its just that d..n garden. its addicting you know what I mean Whip.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Great report glad you found a few crab and fish.

G
Gulfstream
I know what you mean! Give me a call next time you are headed down there if you need a deck hand!

4labs
4labs
Gulfstream;n613256 said:
I know what you mean! Give me a call next time you are headed down there if you need a deck hand!

I think I should be your deck hand. My recent runs have been pretty disappointing. Time to teach a old dog some new tricks plus your boat is bigger.

G
Gulfstream
We finally dot a narrow window today and took advantage. Splashed the boat about 8:45 and lines in about 9:15 Kinda jackass conditions and a pretty fast drift at first. The ling bite was OFF the charts, and we had 8 legal linsgs by 10:30. We got into a school fish bite and got some really nice olives and a few blacks.Great weather as the day progressed and back in by noon! HAVE FUN! Oh yea..... Thanks Mark!
IMG_5622.JPG

Reactions: Raincatcher, rogerdodger and wils
G
Gulfstream
the day
IMG_5629.JPG

Reactions: OneFishTwoFish, Aervax, plumbertom and 3 others
hobster
hobster
Awesome, nice haul! Sportin the shorts, love it

Irishrover
Irishrover
Nice boat load of fish, and quite the descender you have showing in the picture! That ocean sure looks nice too.

troutdude
troutdude
Looks like your timing was el perfecto!!!

Top Bottom