Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crab pots stolen, or caught in current...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crab pots stolen, or caught in current...

Retrieved a crab pot from middle of channel coming back into Garibaldi on Saturday. I do not even think it was on the bottom, but rolling out with the current.
    That current can get really strong. Someone probably thinks their pot got stolen, but I have called the owner to try and get it home. My friend put out three pots
    in the ocean, two were completely empty, no bait, no crab, these I believe were messed with, his third pot had several crabs and bait. Guess the first two provided limits and
    bait for the thieves, or maybe another boat approached. Sometimes its a theft, sometimes its a current.

I always put 4 -6 large zip ties on mine if fishing out of sight of the pots, cut ties and you know its not seal's

Comment

Good idea 4labs! One of my friends had 3 cans of Heineken inside his trap, no crab, but bait and beer. At least they left something, lol.

Comment

We always zip tie our pots shut as well it makes it easy to tell the story. I crab out of Winchester a lot we usually run further south than most to get away from the crowd. We also add weight and extra rope to allow for current.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishnsleep View Post
          Good idea 4labs! One of my friends had 3 cans of Heineken inside his trap, no crab, but bait and beer. At least they left something, lol.
          Hope they were full cans and not emtys

Comment

Working...
          X