Descending devices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descending devices

Looking for ideas about descending devices for rock fish. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions, pictures of the set up would be great. I would like to target the long leader fishery more and need a need a good setup.

Odfw has diagrams and everything. Fishermanís sells one for about $5. I put a salmon snubber between mine and a 12oz cannonball to get a bit of jerk action that releases the fish at depth.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstriper View Post
      Odfw has diagrams and everything. Fishermanís sells one for about $5. I put a salmon snubber between mine and a 12oz cannonball to get a bit of jerk action that releases the fish at depth.
      Mine is similar. They were giving away Shelton descenders at the shows last winter and I put a narrow bungee on mine with a lead weight and a clip so I could just attach it to my jig on my heavier rod which has heavy braid on it. Kind of silly for me in my kayak in shallow water but you have to have them to be legal.

Comment

Originally posted by C_Run

Mine is similar. They were giving away Shelton descenders at the shows last winter and I put a narrow bungee on mine with a lead weight and a clip so I could just attach it to my jig on my heavier rod which has heavy braid on it. Kind of silly for me in my kayak in shallow water but you have to have them to be legal.
        Exactly. I have heard of people running downrigger weights to combat fish buoyancy, donít know if thatís a thing, but Iíll worry about that if I ever go fishing beyond the bay.

Comment

If you have a chance attend the Saltwater sportsman show in Salem Feb 24 & 25. (State Fair Grounds) They have a booth that demonstrates the operation and gives away free descenders. Google Shelton fish descender, that's the one I have rigged and ready to use on the boat. The show is worth going to on many different levels. Here is a link http://oceaned.org/

Comment

I Plan on attending that show, I went a couple years ago and was impressed. What I really liked was how it was based on the ocean fisheries I love.

Comment

Working...
            X