Flounder fishing in Oregon

C
christopherbeebe
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows any good places to go flounder fishing? one day many many years ago, I found a large school of pretty large starry flounder off the south jetty of Bastendorf beach but have never caught another one. any advice would be greatly appreciated. T.I.A.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
Sorry no Help here, I always get them by accident either in the bay or Ocean. They sure do eat good though.

Irishrover
Irishrover
We land a few while near shore halibut fishing. I don't target them but if I did I'd look for sandy bottoms, and know that the come in to spawn from November to February.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Irishrover;n608871 said:
We land a few while near shore halibut fishing. I don't target them but if I did I'd look for sandy bottoms, and know that the come in to spawn from November to February.

some of the kayakers I know also get them near shore halibut fishing, out of Depo Bay and Newport, a few will actual target them but mostly it is just a bottom fishing surprise fish.

Irishrover
Irishrover
The flounder that surprised me was an Arrow Tooth Flounder. Good grief what a mouth full of teeth. Had no trouble figuring out how it came by the name.

G
Gulfstream
I have got a few at Bullards perch fishing