2 traps,2 30 minute soaks 12 crabs.Have Fun.Happy Holidays! IMG_4762.JPG

Reactions: Raincatcher
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Happy Yule! those look great...

plumbertom
plumbertom
I so enjoy brag posts.
While I appreciate that you had a good day it would help to charge up my (and no doubt others) enthusiasm to get out if some mention of the general area were included.
I'm not asking you to tell the GPS location of each of your favorite drop spots but maybe whether you were fishing bays or ocean and which state you fished.
If you really want to be helpful, you could narrow it even more.

G
Gulfstream
No worries Tom. Coos Bay.Straight across from the Charleston ramp on the North side of the bay,all the way up to Empire.20 -40 ft of water.I use squid,but I know most use chicken.There is no need to go outside,the bay is loaded.Let me know if you need any more info! HAVE FUN! B T W the last 1.5 hrs on either side of the tide seems best. You could also launch at Empire ramp and go west,then you don't need to drive all the way out to Charleston,if it's closer for you.The ramp is not as nice,but its a good one.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Okay, thanks for providing that.
Simply giving the Coos Bay, inside would have been enough to let me know that it was within my normal fishing range.
Not exactly the Columbia or Washington.
Yes I use chicken, Mainly because it's easiest to procure for me.
I fish the Suislaw when I need to save a few bucks on fuel.
I normally prefer to fish Coos Bay for crabs when I can afford the fuel to get there and I really like that launch at Charleston.
It's been limits for the two of us on almost every trip and many trips we'll cull a limit of smaller crabs.
And just across the water from the launch has proven to be very productive area a half mile or so in either direction.
I couldn't, or at least wouldn't, venture outside the bay in my little 16 ft. jon boat.
I don't even like to get too close to the open end of the jetty with it.
With the small amount of free board at the transom a couple of ill timed swells would roll right over the back of it.
Although sometimes due to low funds I launch at the BLM ramp and fish further up bay.
Although we do okay upstream it's usually much slower.
Such is the plight of many of US retirees. Every dollar must be counted.
I'd of liked to get on the water today or maybe even tomorrow if my fishing buddy would go out in this cold.
Can't make the trip all on my own dime. I'd like to use my license one more time before it expires.
I do expect to get the funds for my 2018 lic. as a Christmas gift.
So when we go for crab after the first of the year, hopefully before the commercial guys clean them out, we'll be happy to fish for rock fish in the bay while our traps soak.

W
wils
when I retire, I think i'll move out of Bend and head to the coast..... You guys are just having too much fun.......IN THE WINTER