Coos Bay crabbing OFF the charts

G
Gulfstream
Wife IMG_4391.JPG and I headed out and hit the water at slack high.3 traps in and half an hour later made the first pull.3 traps 12 jumbos and lots of small one and softies as well. Re set and had 2 limits by 9.I told the wife if we have to use the gauge ,they go back! we had at least 6 over 7 inches.Beautiful day.HAVE FUN!

Reactions: Admin, EOBOY and wils
EOBOY
EOBOY
Big Ben and I are going tomorrow hope it's as good at Netarts! Enjoy!!!

shammer

Casting Call
Casting Call
EOBOY;n607141 said:
Big Ben and I are going tomorrow hope it's as good at Netarts! Enjoy!!!

shammer

Hey Dana! Looks like a good tide on Saturday high@10:00am. Friday looks to be high@ 6:00am. I may be at Netarts on Sat. Tony

D
Diamond Lake Charlie
I envy all of you going out, cannot do anything for 3 months, back surgery a week ago and cannot lift anything over 10 lbs..But there is NEXT YEAR.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
nice. FYI- Siuslaw crabbing has slowed way down, especially upriver from CG.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Casting Call;n607145 said:
Hey Dana! Looks like a good tide on Saturday high@10:00am. Friday looks to be high@ 6:00am. I may be at Netarts on Sat. Tony

Tony turns out we're not going. Some Gov. jackass apparently decided they needed to tear up a perfectly good street today in front of my house.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I like that "If we have to use the gauge they go back in" Hope we have the same thing going on down at Nehalem. We are headed there for a few days to drop pots and troll for salmon.

H
Hookset
Was at Nehalem 1 week ago and caught enough crab each day for dinner. The fishing was a little slow but our hard work did pay off each day.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I hope the Nehalem is good tomorrow and the next few days. I do like fresh crab and there is always the chance to land a nice fish or two. Be nice to have the same experience as Gulfstreram did down at Coos Bay.

F
fishineer
We went crabbing in Coos Bay earlier this week and I agree - it was really good - some of the biggest crabs I have ever seen.