Big bat ray's from a kayak

Aervax
Aervax
I spent the last couple days at a friend's place in Tomales Bay, CA. We paddled about in our kayaks and endeavored to catch Leopard Sharks. No such luck. Landed multiple Bat Rays which were extremely powerful and fun to fight. One of the biggest ones towed me over half way across the bay. It was the inaugural fishing outing for my new used tandem kayak. And we actually caught fish. Yes! I love love love fishing from a kayak. I will definitely be doing more of this in the future.

• photo31836.jpg
  • photo31837.jpg
  • photo31838.jpg
  • photo31839.jpg
Reactions: Raincatcher
Casting Call
Casting Call
Nice report! It's a nice way to learn to sturgeon fish. Sting rays hang in the mud/sand flats. Not always bottom feeders. Head to West Linn or Oregon City for some dino fun. Tony

Reactions: Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
It always sounds so damn exhilarating! Alas, I have a real phobia for any water above my waist. But, I love reading the stories!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Good eats punch out the wings into scallops!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent.

Aervax
Aervax
After reading about how too cook bat ray I doubt it will find it's way to my table anytime soon. It sounds like lots of work for marginal tablefare. Along similar lines I have filleted, breaded and fried Shad. They were excellent.

troutdude
troutdude
How awesome is that? Way to go!

BTW...how many bowls, did your dog smoke??? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: my2labs