Non lead wieghts

G
gfisher2003
does anyone know if there are any stores in corvallis that sell non lead weights because both bi-mart and the sporting goods place dont have them and those are the only two stores that sell fishing supplies that i can think of right now

C_Run
C_Run
There are some other options in Albany but I don't know if they have non lead weights. Maybe check Tom's Garden Center's fishing department, they have a lot of things Bi-Mart doesn't have. Then the other new one, name escapes me. ( maybe Sportsmans?)

Golfbum
Golfbum
you can always do mail order with Cabelas, they have Tungsten weights

K
killigan
gfisher2003;n599736 said:
does anyone know if there are any stores in corvallis that sell non lead weights because both bi-mart and the sporting goods place dont have them and those are the only two stores that sell fishing supplies that i can think of right now

What type of lead free weight are you looking for or what type of fishing will you be doing with them? My local Bi-Mart has Dave's Tangle Free steel weights that I use for all species of fish. I also find steel bullet weights at Walmart Superstores in various sizes, you could call the store in Albany and see if they carry them before you go. Hope this helps. Cheers

G
gfisher2003
thanks all of you im looking for just little pinch on/off weights just for me and my family to use (we lose a lot of weights, especially my sisters)

troutdude
troutdude
If you have wheels call Don, at Fisherman Shack in Airlie. He's about 15 minutes north of Corvallis, at the corner of Airlie Road & Hwy. 99W. He may have some.

P.S. I've sent peeps there for decades; and he's always been fair and honest.

B
bubs
Whoa I didn't even know lead-free split shots were possible...

Found multiple choices in a quick search online

D
DrTheopolis
On the subject -- I tip my hat and salute anyone who uses non-lead weights.

Reactions: Bike 'N' Fish
O
OnTheDrop
I use Daves, I have lived in Corvallis the past 2.5 years and the BiMart sells them but gets cleaned out regularly......Order directly, or check frequently......

C_Run
C_Run
I happened to go to Albany today to resupply some fishing items at the two places I mentioned above. I can report that Tom's has some Stone egg-type sinkers that are about $5 for a little pack and Sportsman's has tungsten bullet weights in several sizes and that's it.