Cedaroak boat ramp in West Linn is closed until October 15th

bass
bass
Cedaroak Boat Ramp | City of West Linn Oregon Official Website

I went to launch there yesterday and was denied :)

I launched at George Rogers and pedaled up most of the way to Cedaroak during the course of the day. There were a bunch of big cranes on barges. Looks like a big effort. I should have snapped some pictures but I did not think of it at the time.

BTW, they have the road closed to even get to the parking lot. So it does not look like there is any shore activity allowed in that area now either.

EOBOY
EOBOY
One question, "George Rogers" do you mean Rogers Landing?

D
DrTheopolis
EOBOY;n598317 said:
One question, "George Rogers" do you mean Rogers Landing?

George Rogers is in Lake Oswego, pretty much by the intersection of State St (Hwy 43) and McVey Ave, by downtown LakeO. Just downstream of Cedar Oak.

EOBOY
EOBOY
OK, I have seen the sign. Didn't know there was some kind of small launch there. Good to know.

P
pinstriper
EOBOY;n598326 said:
OK, I have seen the sign. Didn't know there was some kind of small launch there. Good to know.

It's steep, and a ways from the parking lot. You could walk a canoe down it.

The trouble is hauling back up the incline to the parking lot at the end. I don't do it. There's an AD missing in the middle of Bass.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Yeah I had a feeling about that. I walked into one further up the road with fishwhisper and I almost died walking out of there. About a 1/4 mile.

P
pinstriper
EOBOY;n598329 said:
Yeah I had a feeling about that. I walked into one further up the road with fishwhisper and I almost died walking out of there. About a 1/4 mile.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, dude, that wasn't a boat ramp. That was just somebody's yard.

bass
bass
George Rogers has one short steep section but it is not too bad. I do carry ice creepers and use them if the ramp is wet. Otherwise t is hard to pull my loaded kayak up the ramp without slipping. It is a great place to launch if you have a kayak or small craft that you can carry or roll to the water. Good bass and sturgeon fishing right there and no power boaters to contend with at the launch. It is a bit more work then some other launches, but it is worth the effort.

BTW I caught over a hundred bass on Sunday fishing from there up to Cedaroak. I will post a report when I get time. It was by far the craziest bite I have ever had the privilege to attend :)

portlandrain
portlandrain
bass;n598366 said:
George Rogers has one short steep section but it is not too bad. I do carry ice creepers and use them if the ramp is wet. Otherwise t is hard to pull my loaded kayak up the ramp without slipping. It is a great place to launch if you have a kayak or small craft that you can carry or roll to the water. Good bass and sturgeon fishing right there and no power boaters to contend with at the launch. It is a bit more work then some other launches, but it is worth the effort.

BTW I caught over a hundred bass on Sunday fishing from there up to Cedaroak. I will post a report when I get time. It was by far the craziest bite I have ever had the privilege to attend :)

I started launching my kayak from that spot this year after reading one of your earlier posts about it. It's really convenient, even with the hill. My yak is only about 40 pounds so it's manageable. Btw, do they ever unlock the gate at the top for a vehicle? Seems silly to have a road for the launch that's always locked up...?

I would love a report about your trip! I've been really into smallmouth this year and have caught a good number of them in that area, but my best day was only about 15 fish, mostly quite small. That was a strictly buzzbait day, they were hammering it. What were you using mostly on the recent outing?

G
Go2thetune
The Cedaroak ramp is closed for replacement, moving the ramp further into the river to combat sedimentation and adding a turnaround in the parking lot and a kayak launch path. I should know, I designed it :). Clackamette Park ramp repairs were recently finished, not sure if they have fully opened the ramp yet though.

bass
bass
Looks like they are making progress (18 September 2016, Sunday):

DSCN1198%20Small_zpszyfxq38u.jpg

DSCN1201%20Small_zpseti2ts40.jpg

The big crane was loading right up until I started the video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Gsd0nV7gQ

bass
bass
I called West Linn parks and rec and they said that they now hope the ramp will open in early January. I think that each time there is high water they have a big setback. This week is going to be tough on that project.

Golfbum
Golfbum
anyone knows if boat ramp is open?

Golfbum
Golfbum
went out today to take a look, still closed, no completion date noted on sign blocking road.