Father's Day on the Upper Willy

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
Quick report:

Launched at Roger's Landing at sunrise. Moss everywhere...spent half the time pulling moss off lures. Landed a total of 4 smallies (12 inchers) by 10:30am, then got off the water as the Father's Day recreation boat crowd arrived.

All fish caught trolling hard bodied, life-like swimbaits in perch pattern and rainbow trout pattern. Most fish caught top-lining the lures in 8 to 12 feet of water. One caught trolling 15 feet down in 25 feet of water.

Won't go out again until moss clears out...maybe early August?

bass
bass
Sounds like you did OK given the tough conditions. I believe I remember reading that the moss should be gone by the time the water hits about 70 or so, but that was about the lower river. I have not spent much if any time fishing the upper river in the summer. I hate it when that moss is around.

T
troutmasta
Moss is gone, fishing is on FIRE! Pulled probably 50 bass out of there in two hours the other day. Every cast almost. My buddy got two smallies on one crankbait at one time.

I
iairj84
troutmasta said:
Moss is gone, fishing is on FIRE! Pulled probably 50 bass out of there in two hours the other day. Every cast almost. My buddy got two smallies on one crankbait at one time.
Where were you fishing out of?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

T
troutmasta
confluence of the Yamhill