Power boats on the McKenzie - your opinion?

Power boats on the McKenzie - your opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hobster
hobster
JimBob said:
I was out in the garage friday and heard what sounded like a megaphone. It was the state police stopping some moron with a 10 horse yamaha on a little 14ft boat. Apparently they don't understand no motors past the bridge. I think they came from doris park.

What lakes do you have in mind? I completely disagree with you. Motors should be allowed on ALL lakes.

Nope. Waldo? Way too pristine. Most lakes should have them but not all. No motors on the Mac either!

J
JimBob
I completely disagree with Waldo. Motors that emit way more exhaust and oil than used today have been going in that lake for 50+ years and it cuts off access to great hike in lakes. McKenzie? probably not outside Leaburg lake since it is a drinking water source.

H
halibuthitman
the fish and the environment are really all that needs be considered in this, do the jet boats cause wakes that cause erosion to a soft riverbank? do they damage the river in any matter? are there birds or some other fauna that will be disturbed on their breeding grounds.. do the jets stress the fish? these are the important questions, the comfort or satisfaction of any angler needs not be considered since there will be an equal number for and against, managers should never take the human element of opportunity into account when making these decisions, unfortunately its the human component they focus on the most... I own a sled, v-hull, drifter and pontoon boat, I use each one where it is suited best, and I try to take others into consideration as well. It seem theres always someone trying to kick the kid with a nicer toy out of the sandbox..... childish-

H
Hooked4Life
I'm biased because I am sorta a green thumb and not much for having to row through wakes. I don't like the fact that oil spills from motors can happen and mess up our waterways

H
Hooked4Life
My toy may only be a pontoon but I wouldn't quite say its not as nice as a motorized boat it still still was $800 not much more and I could of had motor boat