Lakes Green Peter Reservoir Fishing Reports

C
capblack
Im sure it effects it, maybe a longer leader?
troutdude said:
Just wondering...

wouldn't using a dodger effect the way that a trailing lure works? (spinner or spoon)

C
Charlie_merrifi
Leadcore line is about 5 ft for every color let out. 5 colors 25ft.

troutdude
troutdude
I'm so used to using snubbers and setting the hook, that I probably should continue to use them. I'm an old dog, and that would be a new trick. LOL

BTW, that's an interesting set up that you use. I'm gonna have to try that.

M
mosd
well got out there and fishing was hot right off the bat, couldnt even get a downrigger set before my other rod with a bell on it would be dancing. all in all i got 16, i said on another thread 18 but had to come back and check. then it really slowed down aka the wind started to pick up and couldnt hardly get a good troll going, but one thing it was nice n hot so much that i had to get off the lake will mild heat exhaustion. but feeling a lot better... any ideas on a homemade smoker?

L
lilsalmon
Good job...get out there and do that again...I know nothing about smokers but would be interested in learning also.....

W
waco
good job men!!! that is a lot of fish!!!!! sorry i can help on smokers!!

C
capblack
i dont know much about homemade smokers, but i have two smokers i dont use anymore. one is an electric little chief or whatever, the other is a brinkman charcoal smoke n grill. I bought a big propane smoker last year for my jerky, and i dont need these anymore. the charcoal one is in my moving sale for only $8, and ill pull it out if your interested in it, or the electric. let me know asap. Brian

J
jaxworks
Green Peter 6/17

Green Peter 6/17

mosd said:
well got out there and fishing was hot right off the bat, couldnt even get a downrigger set before my other rod with a bell on it would be dancing. all in all i got 16, i said on another thread 18 but had to come back and check. then it really slowed down aka the wind started to pick up and couldnt hardly get a good troll going, but one thing it was nice n hot so much that i had to get off the lake will mild heat exhaustion. but feeling a lot better... any ideas on a homemade smoker?[/QUOTE

what did you use for bait or lures....we talked to several boats that came up empty

M
Moe
Man you have been killin' em there! Nice job!

S
SALTYFISH
Get some cedar fence boards and build it out of those. This is what mine look's like , hope it works out

M
mosd
SALTYFISH said:
Get some cedar fence boards and build it out of those. This is what mine look's like , hope it works out

dang thats a nice smoker you have, ya if i keep going to gp every weekend i just about have to have a bigger/home made smoker cause my big chief only holds 10 kokes and im averaging bout 15-20 kokes. i have a buddy that built one outta 1/4" plywood and hes been using it for 4 years, never had a problem although he did upgrade from a heat plate to a small propane burner. being the cheap wad i am ill prob go with the heat plate, but since i hunt waterfowl/smoke em during winter time, ill prob make a smoker outta 3/4 plywood... thicker wood means more insulation for when its cold out.

well went out again today, got a light load. just 11 kokes, i would have gotten more but the bite went off bout 7am and the dang wind picked up an couldnt keep the boat straight nor could i detect if i had a fish due to the boat bobbing up and down.. might go again next weekend but depends cause got some stuff im having done to my sled

S
SALTYFISH
I used 3/4 fence boards, my dad built it and said it would be enough, i said we should wrap another set of boards around it but he said no no. just make sure u cut 3 inch strips and cover were the boards meet cause its guna shrink. and i would find your racks before you build it mine is 4 racks and i can fit a 25 pound springer on 2 racks.. oh and i just use BBQ coals for my fire.

O
Oregonite
Hey Oregonite here! I'm new to the forum and looking forward to some good conversation. Has anyone fished Green Peter this year? Last year I did really good early in the year around this time. The Kokes were hanging anywhere from 10 to 20ft. using a silver flasher and pink squid with a piece of white corn. See ya on the water:dance:

• Green Peter Resevoir 001.jpg
  • Green Peter Resevoir 007.jpg
troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to the forum! GP is one of my favorite places. If you ever have an open seat, I'd be happy to climb aboard and share in some Koke excitement (I won't mind if we get some 'bows too). And I'm happy to split the cost, share goodies, coffee, etc.

C
capblack
Oregonite said:
Hey Oregonite here! I'm new to the forum and looking forward to some good conversation. Has anyone fished Green Peter this year? Last year I did really good early in the year around this time. The Kokes were hanging anywhere from 10 to 20ft. using a silver flasher and pink squid with a piece of white corn. See ya on the water:dance:

green peter has not been good for kokes yet this year. the water has been fluctuating, and hasnt had a chance to warm yet, wont be long though if it quits snowing. welcome to the forum. Brian

H
Hawk
Oregonite said:

Welcome to the Family Bro.
Some reel beautiful pics.
Well Done.
:):):)
:clap::clap:
:cool:

R
Ray
The water is up and the docks are floating so thats a good thing. I fished it today dragging some green and pink wedding rings only to be skunked. Hope it picks up soon.

O
Oregonite
9:30 am: I know I'm gettin' a late start, but I'm headed for Green Peter. I'll keep y'all posted

C
capblack
well??

O
Oregonite
Slow, Slow, Slow!! Thistle Creek ramp parking was packed to the max. Launched at Whitcomb Creek. Not too many people were catching fish. Weyerhauser and the Corp of Engineers should work together and open up the south side of the lake and add more launches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom