E.E. Wilson 4/27/17

C
Chipmunk97
I headed out today with the tips I've gotten on this forum to E.E. Wilson. I set up my line as described by several people, using a bobber with a worm dropped about 18 inches below. I got nibbles here and there but no dice. So I switched to Power Eggs, but didn't get anything with that. The guy next to me insisted that I take some of his bait, which I believe was corn Powerbait. That got my first little guy. Through the lip so I just let him go. I switched once again to a Chartreuse/White Rooster Tail, which someone else one the pond swore by. I gave up on that after a minor meltdown due to weeds, decided it wasn't conducive to a calm fishing day. I netted my next two rainbows with the set-up that I had originally gotten on this forum to troubleshoot, a slider weight above a swivel and Powerbait on a single hook. My trusty garlic Powerbait got lots of bites and I took home one that swallowed the hook and released the other. I am hoping the weather breaks for a few days here soon and I can get out to a few different locations. I also managed to put a hook through my hand, and into my finger, and into my leg. But overall it was a good day, and I hope to continue this trend!

• photo31317.jpg
  • photo31318.jpg
Reactions: Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Most excellent...minus the hook-sets, to the appendages. Been there. Did that. Hope none inflicted, any major damage.

Changin' things up, is the way to go. Gotta find, what the fish are lookin' for--on a given day.

Good luck on future outings!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
A good day, even with a hook through your hand, into your finger and leg... :sad: you really need to get out on the water more often! Seriously, it gets easier and less painful, most of the time. :thumb:

C
Chipmunk97
I'm out on the water 3-4 times a week, although I often only have time to go to Wilson, or Timber Linn, because I work evenings, and sleep in during the morning. I'm working on getting my schedule back to being able to fish with the sunrise. I rarely get a full day off which would give me time to go on an actual day trip. I think I'm going to head toward Trillium Lake the next day I can! As for the hooking myself, I'm the clumsiest person. I constantly injure myself in one way or another! Hopefully my Tetanus is up to date!!

troutdude
troutdude
Chipmunk97;n604031 said:
Hopefully my Tetanus is up to date!!

Indeed! :worthy:

Thanks for sharing, your success.

H
Hookset
Great report. Thank you for sharing your adventure.

G
Gulfstream
Check out Sheldon products on the web.They have a "self releasing" hook that I have used for bait fishing trout and they work great for releasing the fish unharmed.:thumb:

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
No Title

Gulfstream, is this correct?

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
Sorry for such a late reply but how’re the weeds at EE this year? They used to be REALLY BAD back in 2012-14 but ODFW got rid of them. Haven’t been to EE in years but wife wants to go Friday