West Salish pond

W
waco
i drove by yesterday and i couldn't believe how much people were there fishing :shock: there is any fish there at this time?

M
mgdguy
waco said:
i drove by yesterday and i couldn't believe how much people were there fishing :shock: there is any fish there at this time?

I thought the same thing when I drove by the other day :think:

M
Moe
It has been loded with like 600+ trophy trout.....

W
waco
Moe said:
It has been loded with like 600+ trophy trout.....
thats not true its not stucked until the 30th with 667!!

M
Moe
waco said:
thats not true its not stucked until the 30th with 667!!

Then it will be really crowded then!

F
Fishinrob
do you have to have any kind of permit to fish here ??

B
Big3d
you need a valid oregon fishing license but nothing out of the ordinary

T
tangov559
hey

hey

any trout action lately guys?

B
bassman503
that pond is dead with trout right now atm. Check the trout stocking schedules and plan to hit the water after the stocking.

P
psguardian
To be stocked twice more in 2011:

8/29/11 with 667 'trophy trout' (~16" fish)
9/26/11 with 3000 'legal trout' (~8" fish)

I imagine it'll be a mad house for a few days, then empty again.

~psguardian

B
Bnnopo
I stopped by there the morning thinking I would drop a quick line and see if I could C and R a few before I headed out to the gorge for some fishing. When I got there, it was just after sunrise and there was not a single car parked on Glisan. It was early, but I'm rarely the first car there. Upon closer inspection, the entrance gates were locked, and there were "No Parking" signs all along Glisan??? Outside the gate, there was a single sign, in Russian, and lord knows I couldn't understand it. So I went along my marry way out to Benson Lake. When I got home, I found this article about Salish Park. Sounds like it is still technically open, you just can't park within eye shot of the west pond, and come to find out, regardless of what the stocking schedule says, they are not stocking it because they want people to stay away for the time being. So until then, no close easy access fishin' for us.

T
tangov559
According to the weekly report, fishing there is closed till Sept 2012 due to contruction.

B
Bnnopo
tangov559 said:
According to the weekly report, fishing there is closed till Sept 2012 due to contruction.

Well there we go, it's closed! Can you post a link to that fishing report? I would like to see weekly reports for the area.

W
wcanyon
I tried out an Adjust-a-Bubble bobber this weekend and was impressed with how well it gripped the line. Make sure you get a clear one though, the solid ones seem harder to use to me. Not sure why the solid ones are used for at all really.