Skookum Lake Fishing Reports

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
photo31976.jpgSkookum Lake is a good producer of 6 to 10" brook trout with occasional 15 incher... lake size is 10 acres... from the Tokatee ranger station follow signs to trailhead, hike is less than a mile...

A few photos from a hunting trip this last fall at Skookum lake what a great place to fish. we caught something almost every cast. But we could not find a deer to shoot.

Reactions: Admin
4labs
4labs
Is this up by Diamond peak? How was the hike. The wife and I are 61 but still can do a 10 mile roundtrip and would take the labs. Any snakes on the trail ? Looks like a great place to go

Also can do 10miles but don't know about the elevation... still thinking like a 30yr old

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
4Labs the hike itself is not very long but it is pretty steep about 3 major switch backs. My father law and his friend were with me they did fine they are both over 60, we just took our time coming out. There was no snakes that I saw we went in late October before the snow. It's up behind mount Bailey we went the Watson Falls Road. The fishing was off the hook we used worms with a slow retrieve and we had bites/fish every cast.

4labs
4labs
How is the road in ? Should I take my 1 ton or expedition both 4wd , sounds like a blast my wife loves to hike and that time of yr would be perfect
Thanks for the post love to hear of the adventures

troutdude
troutdude
Isn't it amazing how well a worm, and slow retrieve, can work sometimes? It works, on different species too. Of course...this is the "dead", of winter. And they don't wish, to become "dead" either. So they will naturally bulldoze, anything and everything too I suspect. Especially if it appears to be, a natural food source!

That's a mighty pretty fish; but hard to see the markings. Is it a brookie? How big, were they?

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
The Roads in are very good either vehicle will work.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
It is a Brookie, yeah the picture does it no justice on the I phone it spins and you can see the whole fish and it is beautiful. They all averaged 10 to 13 inches the rainbows were a little larger but we did not catch as many of them.

troutdude
troutdude
Excellent! Thank you. Sure has bright colors!

4labs
4labs
From your pictures looks steep.
If there is a outflowing stream there is no limit on brook or brown trout per southwest regs
Sounds like fun.

Bo Peep
Bo Peep
4Labs

Fishing is awesome not sure about the out-flowing stream i am sure there is one. Yes it was very fun it was my first time in there but I will go back now. The trail is not very long but it is very steep you drop straight off and there is about 3 good switch backs. There is an access from a lower road I think the number of the road is 160. I have been told this is the way to go if you know the route through the forest it much shorter and easier. I thought they had a limit of 5 at least that is were we stopped did not need the extra weight on the way out, I was packing a rifle as it was hunting season.

Top Bottom