What is the best thing to use coho fishing in Oregon?

T
the salmon kid
what is the best thing to use coho fishing in Oregon?

B
BlackBass
Saltwater fishing commercial spoons hands down. No fussing around with baiting up herring or what not. I run a 5-10 oz inline weight with a small flasher and a Manistee spoon. Get-r-done

M
metalfisher76
Yup! And on the tribs throw spinners and small chunks of eggs. If the water gets low go to yarnies.

M
Mad dog
Pink wiggle warts, pink spinners, pink jigs, pink, pink pink! Followed by Chartruese then dark green/silver combo's. In the Rogue bay everyone trolls green spinners or spinner blades ahead of their anchovies. At Winchester bay it's pink spinners for coho.

B
bigdog
Brass and red bead spinners work good for me.

T
the salmon kid
what about in rivers like the rogue river? i catch a ton of Chinook out of there but never really coho fished that river. i see a lot of people using spoons but i have never seen any of them catch one.

M
Mad dog
the salmon kid said:
what about in rivers like the rogue river? i catch a ton of Chinook out of there but never really coho fished that river. i see a lot of people using spoons but i have never seen any of them catch one.

On the upper Rogue a lot of guys fish Little Cleo's for coho. I know some guys that kill them with Marabou jigs in the Chief hole. I would fish plugs, spinners, spoons, jigs or corkie/yarn egg combo's in the colors I described above if I was going to fish the rogue for coho.

M
Mad dog
My buddy Steve extolling the virtues of the pink brads wiggler! Ya....you can see his mouth moving in the pic!
013.jpg

T
Thuggin4Life
in tide water you can get them on any gear you would troll for chinook with. herring worked great last year we got 14 to my boat in one day with several broken leaders and we went through 3 dozen herring. my buddies boat had similar results that day. SteelheadStalkers had a similar experiance out on the water. Also spinners, spoons, or plugs will work trolling. and there are lake coho. a entirely different game were spinners and plugs work great.

T
the salmon kid
thanks you guys i really appreciate it i don't know about when they start heading up here but when they do i will be ready for them. and make sure to check out come of my videos on you tube,.. we had to change the name to rogue anglers

S
supertodd
what are some good holes for coho in the middle rogue?