Kayak fishing Devil's Lake

W
William Charles
Does anyone have much experience kayak fishing Devil's lake out toward the coast? Is the water dangerous out there I do know it feeds out into the ocean but it doesn't appear to be to abrupt of a channel.

I'm waiting admin approval on my registration over at NWKA, for now I'm seeking out to experience kayak anglers who have fished Devil's lake.

Thanks and tight lines y'all!

-William

C_Run
C_Run
I haven't fished it but I believe there are stocked rainbows and some warm water species in there. You can't retain cutthroat or juvenile coho. I wouldn't worry about the outlet. It's like a creek if I remember right.

EOBOY
EOBOY
I've heard it's got some nice Bass in it. Never had the chance to fish it.

P
pinstriper
It is totally calm water, don't worry about being swept out to sea !!

The biggest worry is blue-green algae, so watch the warnings, watch the stocking schedule and plan accordingly.

W
William Charles
pinstriper;n612872 said:
It is totally calm water, don't worry about being swept out to sea !!

The biggest worry is blue-green algae, so watch the warnings, watch the stocking schedule and plan accordingly.

Thank you so much! I've heard of reports of the blue-green algae and its harmful effects. I will be on the lookout for that!

D
DrTheopolis
Been a whole ton of years since I fished it out of human-powered boat. The outlet (D River) isn't an issue -- the wind is an issue. If you can find a place to launch on the east side of the lake (not sure if you can), you'll be much happier getting back.