Kayak fishing Devil's Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayak fishing Devil's Lake

Does anyone have much experience kayak fishing Devil's lake out toward the coast? Is the water dangerous out there I do know it feeds out into the ocean but it doesn't appear to be to abrupt of a channel.

I'm waiting admin approval on my registration over at NWKA, for now I'm seeking out to experience kayak anglers who have fished Devil's lake.

Thanks and tight lines y'all!

-William

I haven't fished it but I believe there are stocked rainbows and some warm water species in there. You can't retain cutthroat or juvenile coho. I wouldn't worry about the outlet. It's like a creek if I remember right.

Comment

I've heard it's got some nice Bass in it. Never had the chance to fish it.
      DON'T BELIEVE EVERY THING YOU THINK!

Comment

It is totally calm water, don't worry about being swept out to sea !!

The biggest worry is blue-green algae, so watch the warnings, watch the stocking schedule and plan accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstriper View Post
          It is totally calm water, don't worry about being swept out to sea !!

The biggest worry is blue-green algae, so watch the warnings, watch the stocking schedule and plan accordingly.
          Thank you so much! I've heard of reports of the blue-green algae and its harmful effects. I will be on the lookout for that!

Comment

Been a whole ton of years since I fished it out of human-powered boat. The outlet (D River) isn't an issue -- the wind is an issue. If you can find a place to launch on the east side of the lake (not sure if you can), you'll be much happier getting back.

Comment

Working...
            X