Fly fishing ideas for early Nov. trip to Oregon

O
oh2fish
I'm looking for ideas/ advice for a couple of days flyfishing around November 11. My family will be visiting Portland from Alberta. I'm happy to drive up to 4 hours. Guided opportunities are preferred with the option to walk and wade on the second day. Are there going to be steelhead or king salmon I will be able to tie into at this time ... Or something else that I'm unaware of? Thanks for your help!!!

Barry

Barry ... Oh to be fishing!

troutdude
troutdude
Call fellow OFFer OnTheDrop. He's a guide that, can get you into some fish.

971-275-6725

EOBOY
EOBOY
oh2fish;n598448 said:
I'm looking for ideas/ advice for a couple of days flyfishing around November 11. My family will be visiting Portland from Alberta. I'm happy to drive up to 4 hours. Guided opportunities are preferred with the option to walk and wade on the second day. Are there going to be steelhead or king salmon I will be able to tie into at this time ... Or something else that I'm unaware of? Thanks for your help!!!

Barry

Barry welcome to OFF! You should be able to pick what your looking for. Where are you going to be in the State so we know what to tell you is the most viable places to fish. Also I would recommend sending a PM to

OnTheDrop Tanners a guide, I'll be with him tomorrow looking for salmon and steelhead.

good luck EOBOY

P
Paul Smith
The Deschutes will have steelhead! I'm sure you can get a guided trip with walk and wade opportunities from just about any fly shop along the Gorge, Bend, or Maupin. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

S
sapo
Yes the Deschutes will have some steelhead but it is a crappy year this year, not sure how well you'd do. There are a couple coastal rivers (Miami, Kilchis) that will be loaded with chum salmon and fly fishing for them is a blast.

O
oh2fish
Thanks everyone. Chum and Chinook it will be! Looking forward to the trip.