Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern members

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Northeastern members

    I have been gone a good while. Busy with life and all. Thought about coming back here a few times and something has always come up. So i return and i notice activity is very low for this area. Are the members more located in the central/western part of the state or are some a little reluctant to discuss fishing in NE oregon?

    Since my last visit, i acquired a boat, took up steelhead fishing, got into bass fishing more and more every year, and go panfish and catfishing here and there. The locations i fish varies but generally mckay, snake, phillips, and occasionally columbia gorge.

    Also, my schedule isn't like others, and i have taken an interest to going solo in my boat. It isnt easy loading and unloading, but i do whatever it takes if any of my friends are busy and the wife isnt able to go. I actually enjoy the soltitude and being alone sometimes. I am just curious about other members experiences in the NE zone and if there may be any tips on targeting certain species in certain locations.

  • #2
    Glad that, you have returned. I don't know why, but I rarely seen any reports from that area. There aren't as many people, over there. But the population, isn't zero!

    Let's hope that your thread, will be a catalyst for more threads, posts, stories, and pics. Fingers crossed...
    Last edited by troutdude; 08-22-2017, 07:06 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      NE Oregon is high up on my list of places I want to fish. My friend's husband is a fly fishing guide in that area and is always posting really cool pics and videos of the Snake.

      About 80% of my fishing trips on the boat are solo... so you are not alone in those regards. I find it very peaceful Welcome back and tight lines.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by troutdude View Post
        Glad that, you have returned. I don't know why, but I rarely seen any reports from that area. There aren't as many people, over there. But the population, isn't zero!

        Let's hope that your thread, will be a catalyst for more threads, posts, stories, and pics. Fingers crossed...
        I am hoping so myself and it is nice to be back! I know quite a few people here myself that spend a lot of time fishing. I find it hard to believe there wouldnt be people here that also fish in the area.

        Willerman is there a method for unloading you have found out that works well for you? Trying to jump the water onto my tire to access the boat i imagine can turn into an ugly accident someday.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by colt View Post

          Willerman is there a method for unloading you have found out that works well for you? Trying to jump the water onto my tire to access the boat i imagine can turn into an ugly accident someday.
          My boat is a flat bottom with ribs, so it has to be in the exact perfect spot on the trailer when I am loading it up. I tried for months to find a technique where I could stay dry; I tried the rope, I tried getting good at motoring it up the trailer... no success. And with having a jeep (no bed to jump in/out of) and having to put the boat in the perfect spot on the trailer.... I said screw it. I always just bring a pair of sandals in the summer or waders in the winter to slip in/out of so I can get in the water. It may be a little inconvenient to put them on/take them off, but I can get my boat in and out of the water pretty dang fast.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Willerman View Post

            My boat is a flat bottom with ribs, so it has to be in the exact perfect spot on the trailer when I am loading it up. I tried for months to find a technique where I could stay dry; I tried the rope, I tried getting good at motoring it up the trailer... no success. And with having a jeep (no bed to jump in/out of) and having to put the boat in the perfect spot on the trailer.... I said screw it. I always just bring a pair of sandals in the summer or waders in the winter to slip in/out of so I can get in the water. It may be a little inconvenient to put them on/take them off, but I can get my boat in and out of the water pretty dang fast.
            That was an option i considered. I have a pair of simms water shoes that are lace up. I guess i could wear those all day and man up to load the boat. I have no problem with loading. It is the unloading that concerns me more lol. I could try the rope method. Thanks for the tip.

            Comment

            Working...
            X