Rivers Little Deschutes River Fishing Reports

I
iHuntiGather
Hit the pocket waters of the Little Deschutes river and it was tons of fun. Wading through the brush to pitch small casts into the littlest holes was a great way to spend the morning.

Little Deschutes River Fishing Reports

Reactions: Admin
P
playhooky
Looks like a near perfect morning to me! Nice pics....your piscatorial pursuits paid off.

W
wils
That looks like a great way to "beat the heat" we're going to have this weekend. What general areas do you park and start from? Away from the twisty sections? I have property in a twisty area and its more like a slough than a "river" - bullfrog central

T
TimberTodd
Nice pictures of a nice looking day on the water!

I
iHuntiGather
Wils, this was fishing the short private stretch while staying at Eaglecrest. Where this section ends starts the Cline Falls Public area(I think that's what it is called), and I did pretty good there a few years back. I did better on the section North of 126, and theres less people. It's a lot of little pockets behind rocks and grassy islands, and every once in a while the river kind of splits and at each one of these splits there was a trout waiting to be had.

Is is your property in Redmond? Not to change subjects but I did see a lot of quail up there and I would be willing to perform any type of manual labor for any type of hunting privileges. I am also an AV/Home Automation Tech and can help with all things low voltage. I know it's a lot to ask, but just throwing it out there, gotta ask right?

W
wils
That's the regular Deschutes at Eagle Crest. I've heard that specific stretch called "Little Deschutes" before. I don't know why.
The Little Deschutes starts somewhere south of LaPine area and joins the Deschutes at Sunriver. Do a google earth search and you will find it.
Either way, where you were looks like a relaxing stretch.

I
iHuntiGather
Yep, just looked at it on a map and you are correct. Someone had told me it was the Little Deschutes, just goes to show if you want the truth look it up yourself.

Reactions: wils
troutdude
troutdude
Little Deschutes River Fishing

It looks like some stretches, on the real Little Deschutes river. Which I waded for brookies, back in the 80's. Man that place is fun. I may have to get over there, and do it again.

Top Bottom